Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newsagents Query...

Hi everyone

My G G Grandfather Thomas Edward Johnson appeared as a Newsagents in 1891, at 369 Bolton Road, Darwen, Blackburn, Lancs.

Specifically it was a stationers and 36 years later in 1926; he appeared on my G Grandfathers marriage cert still as a newsagent in the same house. His son also was a newsagent as well; and tbh ive been struggling to find webpages on sumthing to do with this shop or road or the johnsons and when they moved; ive looked for the address and find that its not a stationer newsagent shop anymore.

I just wondered whether anyone could help me or maybe give me advice in what i should do. Id love to know a bit more about the shop, what it looked like, any news clippings....sumthin! :o

Any ideas or help wud be much appreciated.:D

Sophie
    LondonLass_89 xXx

:::@# The Secret Will Reveal Itself......After I Uncover My Great Ancestors Of The Past....**~$@

Have you looked here, yet:
    Historical Directories

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hmm...couldn't find anything there....

sigh
      LondonLass_89 xXx

:::@# The Secret Will Reveal Itself......After I Uncover My Great Ancestors Of The Past....**~$@

Comment

Hi

you might find something here

in particular,

Links

and then look in maps and photographs, you might find something
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hmm ....still no luck.....thanks anywaz
          LondonLass_89 xXx

Comment

Praps try emailing the local studies library near to the area??

or a local history group?? they might have some info
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
            X