X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granddaughter?!?

Hello

I need some help AGAIN!!

I'm just getting back into my resurch after a break over the Xmas period, I have been rereading my census records and noticed that I have a little girl whose relationship to the head of the family is Granddaughter is there any way other than ordering the birth cert that I can find out which one of the daughters (or sons) this child belongs to?

Its the 1901 census RG13 Piece 4790 folio 117 page 26

Head of household John Rostron
    Edith Rostron Granddaughter

Thanks in advance

Had the granddaughter had a different surname to the grandparents, you could have looked for a marriage between a male Rostron and female X, but in this case I can't see how you could tell without looking at either the birth cert or baptism record.

For starters, she could be the dau of Beatrice or Margaret, single dau's of John Rostron.

Comment

Newcastle BMD doesn't cover that period yet, so there is no chance of getting mother's maiden name from that site. So unless you wait for the 1911 census or the new GRO index (which could be a long time!), I can't see any other way.

It looks as if her middle name was Camilla (on GRO index) if that is any help.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hello Merry, I do hope she is not the daughter of Beatrice I don't think my Aunts could handle their beloved grandmother having an illigitemate baby that they didn't know about! I think this will be one cert I will have to invest in!

Comment

Thank you Kite I didn't have that it may help to narrow the search! I know curiosity will get the better of me and I won't be able to wait that long will have to get the cert!

Comment

Oops, sorry Kelly!!

Comment

Thats ok Merry!! I had to put up with the shock of my gran having a seven month baby as ive taken to calling my eldest aunt so maybe she followed in her mothers footsteps! lol

Comment

ROTFLHO

Kelly - I hope you don't call your Aunt that to her face!! Poor love.
                Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Hi Zoe

luckily my aunt has the same sence of humor as me and just like you rolled on the floor laughing when I came out with it, I just hope it skipped a generation with me mum I don't want no more brothers and sisters creeping out the woodwork!!!! At least it makes me feel better having my kids before we tied the knot!lol

Comment

Working...
                  X