Effortless Ancestry Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effortless Ancestry Support

I had an email from the above saying they had found some matches to some of my names. I don't remember joining this, but may have done.
    Is anyone else a member. I am loathe to click on the links as you never know where they might take you.

sure it isn't dodgy? wait for others especially as you say you didn't join.

I had a serious problem on my Nat West account yesterday - email said if i didn't act now, I'd lose access to all money money - dont even bank with them!
    Jess

Comment

Is that what it's actually called, Sue?

I googled "effortless Ancestry Support" and got no matches at all!!

Sounds dodgy!

Comment

Effortless Ancestry Support was in the subject line, the following is a copy of the email

S P,
        Effortless Ancestry has identified the following new matches over the last week for your account:

2 new matches on Catherine Sandys
        Click the links to be taken directly to these new matches for review.

Our Search Assurance feature will continue to search your individuals and GEDCOM files against all new sources we add. We will notify you weekly as we identify new matches, so you never have to worry about missing out on new information.

Good luck in your research,
        Effortless Ancestry Support

If you no longer wish to be notified of new matches, you may change your notification preferences on your My Account page.

Have never had any emails from them before. The actual email looks very much like one you would get from Ancestry. If it was from them, it would say so, wouldn't it?
        Last edited by SuffolkSue; 08-01-08, 09:45.

Comment

Someone posted a thread about effortlessancestry last week and you got 5 free searches for registering. I tried it without success but they said they would email me if they got new info that matched my searches and I wouldn't have to pay, it was part of what I had already searched.

Try the link originally posted here:
          Effortless Ancestry: Making Online Genealogy Research Easy

and see if there is any information on there.
          Kit

Comment

Doh!!!!!

I feel daft now, do remember joining it. Mind is a sieve these days.

Comment

Just wanted to pipe in that there is nothing dodgy going on here... I run the Effortless Ancestry website and notifying users of new matches is part of the service we provide. We are always adding new online sources and check for new matches against them each week. Users can also choose to not receive email notifications if they wish.
              Bret
              Effortless Ancestry
              Spend your time finding, not searching...

Comment

Well I have just had a go, entered my Grandfather got zilcho results??

Entered grandmother got someone in the states though I stated she was born and died England and then just two different entries from the 1881? Is this normal? I mean I have her birth, marriage (both given on my search) and her husbands names but nothing has come up???

Right, tried GGF - born 1821 Rotherhithe, south London - I got 4 pages of William Dixons, mostly born and died in the states - aaargh - its worse than GR's hot(not) matches. Oh, an IGI submitted entry - LOL by me.

Beatrice E Horstead - born 1896 - zilcho results again, not even the 1901 census.

Maternal grandad - just the 1881 and my IGI entry.

Sorry but I certainly shant be putting any effort into this one again.
                Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 11-01-08, 18:05.

Comment

Working...
                X