Internet Exporer- has it gone down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Exporer- has it gone down?

I usually connect through IE7. I was in the middle of something when it suddenly said I was offline and did I want to connect to my ISP. Similar to dial up.

Can't get it to work. I am connected through Firefox at the moment.

I'm using IE7 at the moment and it's fine.

I do find every now and then these things have glitches.

I'd leave it for a few hours/till tomorrow and try it again - you'll probably find it's fine.

Comment

I am okay through IE6...sorry if not much help...Liz
      Liz

Comment

Actually, the only other thought is - have you done any updates since the last time you used it?

Perhaps there's something there it doesn't like - if so I can only suggest you do a restore to yesterday's date.

Comment

Yes I may do a restore.

I was in the middle of reading the threads on this site when it happened.

Now I was just asked if I want to dial up to AOL.

AOL hasn't been my isp for 9 months.

Comment

System restore wouldn't work. Just said that it could not restore. That always seems to happen to me. Don't know why.

Comment

Internet Explorer can't "go down" as everybody has their own copy of it on their own computer.

I wonder if some setting somewhere on your computer changed to make it think it was supposed to be using AOL for Internet Explorer? The first thing I would do would be to exit Internet Explorer then open it again to see if that fixed it; if not, then I would try restarting my computer to see if that did the trick. If not, then time to start looking at the Control Panel!
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Oh, I just had another thought after posting that - go into Internet Explorer, click on "File" and make sure that there is no tick next to "Work Offline". If there is a tick, then untick it.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Kate

Thank you so much.

That worked. There was a tick there. Don't know how, but never mind.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X