BMD Marriage query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMD Marriage query

Lucy Ronnan is in Marr Index Jul q 1850 Liverpool, Lancs Vol 20 p 143.

She is only name coming up with that ref. Surely her husband would have been on same ref and should have come up? I think he is Thos Williams as a Lucy and Thos Williams appear in 1851 census with her step-mother, Fanny Ronnan.

This is for my friend whose tree I have been researching and he doesn't want to fork out for a cert as has no bearing on his direct tree.

Liz
    Liz

It is possible that his name has been transcribed with a slightly different reference, eg 145 instead of 143, where the number is not clear & has been read differently. Try looking at the images for his name in the same qtr & see if he is there.
    Lynn

Comment

Thanks Lynn. I have just tried getting to Marr Index ref via gen search on Ancestry and of course there are all the others (minus Thos Williams) on the page. So that bit sorted. The trouble with coming back cold to old research...

Will have a go. Liz
      Liz

Comment

Lynn Think you are right. There are several Thos Wms for July q 1850 but 2 are on their own on their page with funny page nos ie: p 5_9 and p2[01]9. Neither resembling p143 which it should be but obviously errors there...

Thanks again. Liz
        Liz

Comment

Clicking on the page number on the FreeBMD search suggests that in fact it is the page number for Lucy Ronnan which has been mistranscribed, since nearly all the other matches for page number 143 are for Chorlton district. I'll have a look at the image (no spectacles on FreeBMD, bother!) and see if I can figure out what it should be. Back soon...
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Having looked at the image, the page number for Lucy Ronnan should be 155. There is also a transcription on FreeBMD for her with that page number, but her surname has been transcribed as Ronnah! But there is no Thomas Williams with a matching page number - there is a John Williams and a couple of Thomases with other surnames!
            KiteRunner

Comment

I'm confused!

I've found Fanny Ronnan with Thomas and Lucy Williams in Liverpool in 1851, but where does it say they are related? Lucy and Thomas are Fanny's lodgers.

Maybe you knew the relationship already?

Comment

Ah! I get it......Lucy is with Fanny in 1841 and Lucy was called Ronnan there.

Comment

I have just looked at the images on Ancestry and Lucy is there & I think the ref is 20/ 153.
                  I have looked at the same qtr for Thomas Williams and could only find 2 for Liverpool ref 20/223 & 20/350

Comment

You had me worried there, Lyn, as I have submitted a correction to FreeBMD giving the page number as 155. Though of course they would check it before putting it up. But looking at it again, I still say 155.
                    KiteRunner

Comment

Then I will defer to your superior eyesight & experience, Kite.
                      Still can't find a Thomas Williams to fit.

Comment

Working...
                      X