GenServ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GenServ

Has anybody else had an e-mail from a Cliff Manis of GenServ. Looked abit suspicious to me as there are grammer errors and date errors.
    It basically says if I upload a gedcom then I am entitled to 15 days free access to the 15,000+ gedcoms already uploaded.
    What do you think?
    (I know my grammar is not perfect but these ones are obvious) LOL

I haven't had it, but would be very wary. Just leave it until you find out, but don't open any links. Do you have a good virus scanner?

Comment

dont think its a virus but it just sounds a bit wierd as I cant remember ever visiting the site before and it says I last visited on 7/10/10 at 11.38 so maybe they have a clever system where they can see into the future and can predict when I will be visiting..lol
      By then I would be waiting just a few months to see the 1911 census!!

off to work now for a 9 hour shift. Oh the joys of life.

Comment

This is the GenServ homepage:

GenServ: HOMEPAGE, Family History, GEDCOM Databases, Texas, USA, Homepage Started in 1991

Can't say I've ever heard of it before. It looks American so I'm not sure what your chances of finding matches on it would be? I bet most people who have a GEDCOM on there have their tree somewhere else online too, though.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
        X