Female Wilks birth registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Wilks birth registration

I have been looking for a birth registration for Adela Wilks/Wilkes.

From IGI :
    Birth 17 Jan 1842. (year agrees with 1851 census but she is with her grandparents as visitor)
    Bap 28th Nov 1847, St Mary, St Marylebone
    Parents: Edwin Wilks and Rosa Jane Maria (Correct)

Edwin and Rosa are on 1851 married but without any children.
    As far as I have been able to establish Rosa and Edwin never married.

Evidence to suggest that being...

Her father's will states '....... of my said wife to hold the said property on trust for my children Rosa Jane Maria Killik, Emily Mary Ann Killik, Clara Louisa Killik, Louisa Ann Homfray, Charlotte Eliza Perrottet ,George Joynt Killik and Annette Augusta Killik their heirs...... 1860

And the mother's will 'In as much as my several married children and also my daughter Rosa Jane Maria Killik hast been already provided for I give and bequeath ....'1865

Plus I cannot find a marriage registration for them.

I have searched all the images for the various Wilks/Wilkes Killik /Killick etc and can only come up with this:

Wilks female 1st Qtr 1842 Marylebone 1 211

Rosa's first child, Emma,( my 4xgt grandmother) was named on her cert. Neither children are with their mother on any other census.

Do you think she may be mine? Should I order it?
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 07-01-08, 01:19.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

I would!

Comment

I wouldnt take the maiden name thinggy as fact that she wasn't married - I inheritted from my late Uncle - (only a couple of hundred pounds, not millions!) and i was mentioned in my maiden name.

The will was drawn up long after I married - it was for me to prove that I was one and the same.

Dad was the executor, so it was easy- his word was enough -
      Jess

Comment

I hope this isn't too late, Kat. There is a death reg for Female Wilks Mar 1842 St. Marylebone, so the birth reg is almost certain to be for that one, sorry.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

There's a matching death in the same Q. Obviously this might be a different person, but I have my doubts.

Oops, I was a bit slow there! lol

Comment

Oh bottoms but glad I waited to see what you clever lot would come up with before I ordered it.

Thank you both for finding that. I didn't look for a death; it should have occurred to me. I was so pleased that I had found a birth in right quarter, year and place.

You would have thought that having one illegitimate child would have been enough, at that time illegitimacy happened a lot of peeps but usually it would have been covered up really well by well to do families I would have thought. Rosa Killik's first one was.

I guess Adela must be registered somewhere as they had the child baptised publically and eventually.
            Kat

Comment

Kat, it could well be that they didn't register her birth at all. It did take them quite a long time to get her baptised, and if they had registered her birth late they would have had to pay a fine, don't forget.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Yes of course, and it wasn't legally necessary to register it anyway then.

Thanks so much for your help
                Kat

Comment

Working...
                X