Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be his number??

Hello

I have been given a lovely postcard picture that was sent to my Grandad one Christmas during the war it is addressed to

Sgt.C.W.Carroll

Then the regiment ect..

What would the numbers have been above his name? Any ideas?

Sounds like it could be his regimental number Kelly.

Was it World War One or Two he was in?

Comment

Hi Snowdrops it was ww2, thats what I thought it might be but I wasn't sure I know he was in the 11th Royal Tank Regiment if that makes any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly smith View Post
        Hi Snowdrops it was ww2, thats what I thought it might be but I wasn't sure I know he was in the 11th Royal Tank Regiment if that makes any difference.
        He probably moved around between regiments during the war. There was a lot of reshuffling went on as the war progressed.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Certainly that looks like a regimental number.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes most certainly

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
            X