Woooo Hooo Just over 3 years until we can see the 1911 census for Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woooo Hooo Just over 3 years until we can see the 1911 census for Scotland

It seems that because of the Scottish Freedon of Information Act 2002.

The 1911 census for Scotland will be available in the spring as soon as 100 year closure period has elapsed.

Mind you I'm still not excited :D
    With Experience comes Realisation

"Available" doesn't mean it will be online - it just means you will legally have access to it.

I'd be more excited if I had any Scottish relatives, but my lot are all from south of the Wash!
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Maybe but then according to the Deputy Registrar General for GROS. It will be online in 2011. Apparently advances in their technology has made this possible

I'm starting to get a bit excited about the extra information.

Comment

whats the extra information on it Shaz?
        Kate xx

Comment

Originally posted by Kate from Scotland View Post
          whats the extra information on it Shaz?
          Well from what I can gather Kate, the 1911 census is far more detailed than the previous census' and has information about things like time married and how many living children were born to the head of the household and how many alive at time of census

Comment

Shaz

Now THAT I am interested in! It may help solve the impenetrable mystery of my Grandmother's childhood.

She was supposedly an orphan and brought up in a terrible children's home - her five children truly believed this and so did I until I started digging a year or so ago.

But both her parents were still alive when she married! And she married at her parent's home. What is more, her father and his father had both lived at the same address for 60 or more years.

Can't wait to see this!

OC

Comment

Working...
            X