AVG does a scan each time I log on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVG does a scan each time I log on

whenever I log on AVG does a full scan and that slows the pc down how do I stop this happening each time thanks

By default I think you will find it is set up to scan your system on a daily basis.
    Click on the AVG icon on your desktop.
    Click on the Scheduler button on left hand side of screen (with a little clock next to it)
    Select test plan
    Untick the box that says you want a regular/periodic scan.

Personally not good practice because you will then have to remember to scan your PC at regular intervals. :(
    I leave mine on so that it scans every day, but if I am using the computer at the time and it is slowing everything down, I tick on the AVG icon (which shows up in bottom tool bar when scanning is taking place) and stop the scan. However, I don't do it too often - I would certainly want a full scan every two or three days.
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine this only happens on the lap top I have recently got not on my pc, unless I did not realise ??? because on here I get 2 AVG icons on the task bar while its scanning then only one after it has scanned ,and I cant say I ever noticed this on my pc .
      It also takes over half an hour to scan is this normal ??? thanks again

Comment

The length of the time for the scan will depend very much on the speed of your computer and how much info you have on it.
        My laptop is a pretty low specification with quite a bit on it - and the scan probably takes at least 20 minutes.

I know it can be annoying at times - but better safe than sorry!
        Elaine

Comment

oh thanks again Elaine I really cant say I noticed it on my pc maybe its because I am having to get used to a new system ????

Comment

mine is currently taking 50 mins per scan - and that's when I'm not doing much else...

you can schedule it to scan every day at a regular time (what I do) rather than "on start up" [say, over lunch time, or when you have a tea break]
            You might find this more convenient. It suits me cos I always check my emails & forums first thing, and if it was scanning at the same time it seems to slow it down.

If you want to do this, you need to right-click on the "scheduler" then select "scheduled tasks" then "edit schedule"
            Vicky

Comment

thanks Vicky thought mine was slow funny thing is on my pc it only takes a few minutes .

Comment

i guess I've just got a load of rubbish on my PC.
                (lots of photos)
                Vicky

Comment

Val, Ive had that prob recently and then a message kept telling me it was not up to date - so I uninstalled it and then downloaded it again and its much better now. Have a go at that - mine was really slow but today it whipped through in about 15 minutes.

Comment

so have I on here but not on the laptop which is why I dont understand why it takes so long.
                    thanks again

Comment

thaks Heather I only downloaded this last week maybe your right I might just do that thanks .

Comment

Working...
                      X