middle name check please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• middle name check please

Trying to work out the details about a Frances CRADDUCK b 1864 Whitehaven.

Looked at the births and marriages and it gives a Frances SARAH Cradduck as the one I am interested in. Looked at the 1881 census and I think its been mistranscribed. It has a Frances J ATKINSON as the daughter of the correct age. Her sister Ellen was in the household and married to an Atkinson. Could somebody check the 1871 census please to see the family details.
    Head is RObert Cradduck b1826 Staplehurst Kent and wife Ellen b1828
    Also if the image for the 1881 census is available to check the Frances surname on that.
    Thank you

In 1871, everyone is surnamed Craddock.

In 1881, Ellen is Mrs Atkinson, everyone else is a Craddock.

(Blimey, just realised, you have Fanny Craddock in your tree, tee hee!)

OC

Comment

lol another claim to fame. So was the Frances in 1881 really Craddock and not Atkinson?

Comment

Yes, it actually says Craddock, but the idiot transcriber hasn't bothered with that.

Only Ellen is an Atkinson, and is a married daughter. The rest of the family are Craddocks.

OC

Comment

Thank you. I suppose that the J on the 1881 is really an S then.lol

Comment

Hi there
            Just been notified about this thread and can confirm that the Lady in Question is Frances Sarah Cradduck. Robert and Ellen were my Great Great Grandparents and have quite an extensive tree mapped out already. Frances was my Great Great Aunt and I am in contact with a Great Grandaughter of hers. If you are interested in any more details please do not hesitate to contact me for more information.
            Regards
            Mandie

Comment

Hello Mandie, Sorry I didint see your reply. Just been notified about it. It is actually the Gomery family that is my direct line. I cant remember now why I was venturing down the Cradduck line. I know one of the Gomery married one of the Cradduck:D

Comment

Hi again
                No worries Gloryer, I too seem to have ventured far and wide in my research, it's quite an adictive hobby once you start!!
                The Gomery you are on about was Elizabeth (1754) daughter of John Gomery and Hannah (nee Shornden), she married James Cradduck in 1776. They were my G G G G Grandparents.
                I never got any further withe the Gomerys, but may well do now!
                Nice to talk to you all the same.
                Mandie

Comment

well that John Gomery is my 6th half great grand uncle. So we must be some sort of distant cousins or half cousins.

Comment

Working...
                  X