Help with reading 1881 census relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with reading 1881 census relationship

I'm struggling to decide what the relationship of Maud BOWLAND is to Brian ADCOCK on this census and would appreciate your input.
    Could it say Serv? as under occupation it looks like Domestic Serv.

RG11; Piece: 4689; Folio: 32; Page: 3; Line: ; GSU roll: 1342134.

Thanks.
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Tom, thanks, I thought it was Serv but it's very feint.
    no, his wife hadn't beeen married before and her maiden surname was TINSON. Her brother is actually the family above the ADCOCK family on the 81 census.

I think Maud must have been living in to help with the children.
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

I think, comparing it with the daurs above it, it doesn't look the same. Looks more like Qaw, but its probably servant.

Mind you, I have found relatives listed as servants, including one chap who is the son of the household head! He must have felt valued!
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Nell, thanks for taking a look too. What a plonker I am, just remembered to click on Maud's name before I open the census original record and it says relationship to head, Servant!:D
        Daphne

Comment

Working...
        X