Finally a good result.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a good result.

When I first started my tree in 2006, a made contact with a lady who had my great grandma on her tree. we swapped a bit of information & she gave me the address of her website, so that I could view her pics. I was never able to access this site for some reason & have tried on many occasions since then. today, whilst looking at my hot matches on GR and finding a lady linked to the same family, I decided to have another go & this time I managed to get in. I now know what my gg grandparents looked like, as well as my gg uncle. There was other useful info on the site, although sadly it has not been updated since march 2006.
    Lynn

well done!

think she would send you copies?? if you made contact and asked??
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Erm, I just saved them to my computer.:o I have no intention of using them apart from to show my family. Is that terribly bad?:o
      Lynn

Comment

lol... well, I think it would depend on how old the pictures were, if over 70yrs then the copyright would be void I think,

but might be an idea to ask in any case?

But well, done in any case.. nice to have some good news.. for a change...lol
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Lyn

Pleased for you. There are so many of my rellies I wish I had photos of. My Mum has a picture of her maternal grandparents on their wedding day and frustratingly the bride has her veil down, so we can't really make her out!
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Julie, the pictures are around 100yrs old, so I think I will be safe copyrihgtwise, but I will try & contact her anyway.

Nell, it is so exciting getting pics of these ancesters, people that a couple of years ago, I wasn't even aware of.
            O, no a picture of the bride wearing a veil, how disappointing!
            Lynn

Comment

That's brilliant, Lynn. I only have photos of some sides. But it's funny that I have developed images in my head of the ones I haven't - probably totally wrong!
              Asa

Comment

Thanks Asa. I don't think I really build up pictures in my mind, so it is always a surprise when I get to see a new photo.
                Lynn

Comment

I don't think she would have allowed you access to her site if she didn't want you to copy anything.

I'm always happy to share family photos.
                  Gwynne

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn The Forest Fan View Post
                    Erm, I just saved them to my computer.:o I have no intention of using them apart from to show my family. Is that terribly bad?:o
                    No. I would have done exactly the same !

Comment

Originally posted by Guinevere View Post
                      I don't think she would have allowed you access to her site if she didn't want you to copy anything.

I'm always happy to share family photos.
                      Thats what I thought, she said at the time that there were photos on her website. It is sad that she doesn't seem to be still working on it.

Simon, I am glad that I am not alone.
                      Lynn

Comment

Working...
                      X