.FBC Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .FBC Troubles

I'm new to this board, so if I have posted to the wrong area, or if the subject has already been addressed previously my apologies for posting in ignorance.

My problem is this: I saved a family tree as an .FBC file about a 2 years ago with FTM 7.0. I attempted to restore the file today, with FTM 7.0, but cannot. FTM lists the file as an .FBC but when I attempt to restore it I get this msg: ...Not a Family Tree back up file. Try another file." Any suggestions on how I might get this file open?

I've looked into the file, but since it's compressed any data is unreadable. Any way I can uncompress or convert the file to a readable format?

Thank you for any help,

Bill

Hi Bill

Welcome to Family Tree Forum.

I don't know the answer to your problem but did google .fbc file.

Found this http://filext.com/file-extension/FBC

There is probably more on this if you look more on Google.

Comment

Hi Bill,
      First of all welcome Family Tree Forum. I have moved your thread over to the Software section where it is more suited!

Have a look at the following link on the Family Tree Maker online Help Centre to see if it answers your question - if not come back and shout!

Answer

Elaine

Comment

Or this maybe

FBC FILE

Comment

One thing that I think you will need to do is to make sure that the file is on your computer, rather than on a CD/pen drive. FTM will not open a file from an external source.
          Elaine

Comment

I impressed at the almost immediate response to my query. Thank you all.

Elaine, thank you for directing me to Help Centre. I'll be giving their recommended File Fixer a shot next.

Bill

Comment

Well I've tried a number of "fixes" using the suggestions from the Help Centre but FTM still insists that my FBC file is not a back up file. I guess my next step will be to try and find someone locally who has a later version of FTM and see if it will recognize it.

Thanks for the help,

Bill

Comment

Bill, I have sent you a personal message.
                Click on Private messages just above the blue navigation bar.
                Elaine

Comment

Working...
                X