Outlook Express Very Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Express Very Slow

Has anyone had this problem that is driving me bananas - every so often my Outlook Express refuses to send outbound e-mails & takes ages to download the incoming. This morning it took 20 mins to download 20 messages One was about 196kb & the rest ranged from 4 to 18kb.
    I've asked my ISP & all they have suggested so far is to reload Outlook Express but I'm now cheesed off with doing that.

I have XP & Outlook Express 6. As I said, this is an intermitent problem but it is so annoying :( Rebooting the PC sometimes sorts it out but the latest round started yesterday when DH used the PC & is still a problem when I've turned everything on this morning.

I would appreciate any words of advice - Geraldine

17.17 - just turned the PC on again & everything is fine
    Last edited by Geraldine; 05-01-08, 16:18.

Geraldine, if it happens again, is it possible for you to see if anything else is using the connection at the same time (either on the same computer or anything else on your network if you have one) which might be taking up most of the bandwidth? I mean, basically, is anything else downloading or uploading at the same time?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks KiteRunner. I'll check when it does it again. Geraldine

Comment

Could be a virus scan - checking mails as they come in or out. Do you have anything like that?
        Tracy

Comment

I don't think so Orangeblossom only because it doesn't happen all the time. I can go weeks before it drives me mad for a couple of days & then is fine again. Maybe I need to start keeping a diary!

Comment

Pehaps you have a lots of messages on EP6?

Comment

EP6 James? This sounds as if it should be familiar & I can't think what it is.

Comment

Working...
              X