I have another SIR in my tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have another SIR in my tree

This one is my 1st cousin 4 x removed; the other one was through marriage , a judge knighted for his services in Newfoundland.

This one is for real LOL.
    The rest of my family seem to be mainly shoemakers, oyster dredgers and ag labs.

Stephen Henry Molyneux Killik b 1861 was Knighted in 1922 and became Lord Mayor of the City of London in 1934.

I am thrilled to bits with my find, there was even a picture of him in his Obit.

I have spent the last three weeks tidying up my tree, making sure everyone had all the sources listed and kept getting sidetracked by new avenues to follow. That's what happened here; I had him on my tree but had not done all my research on him. I had absolutely no idea

It just goes to show what you can miss.

Sorry to be rambling, I'm just so excited about it:D
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 05-01-08, 17:33. Reason: wrong date given
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Kat!

I'm excited for you!!!

My lot are more notorious than public-spirited.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Good heavens, what an impressive tree!

Comment

I haven't had one for centuries.

Comment

The rest isn't believe me Mary, no one's more surprised than me:D
          Kat

Comment

I think you have too much time on your hands Kat if you are thinking of easter already.....lol

But well done for finding a SIR

Comment

I am impressed Kat. Are you still talking to us?
              Anne

Comment

Well done on having a Sir in your tree. Very impressive.

The only imortant person I have in my tree was the Mayor of Warminster, my OH's half Uncle.
                Last edited by WendyPusey; 05-01-08, 17:05.
                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I've got one, I've got one!! lololol

He was my fifth cousin once removed. He married a second cousin once removed of the Queen, so his children are third cousins to Liz and sixth cousins to me!! pmsl!

His family are about 600++ in line to the throne.

Comment

:DThere you go Merry. How did you feel when you found him?
                    I bet lots on here have exciting finds whether Sirs or not.
                    I must admit tho' the the most exciting finds for me were the mother and grandparents of my illegitimate grandmother. My father had begun looking for them before he died; he would have been thrilled, I didn't find them til last year. Changing their name hadn't helped in the search.

Anne , I'll allow you but my OH has to bow to me first.....makes a change anyway LOL.

Gloryer, I thought I'd try to get in first before the shops start selling them tho' I bet some shops are already doing so. :D
                    Kat

Comment

It was funny really, I contacted his son on GR and the son said, "You have hit the jackpot" lol ("that depends on your opinion", I thought!!)

Anyway, he was really nice....lives at a v posh address, but has never met her maj. His dau has though and the queen said to her (think the right accent here!)......"I understand we are related?"......SO some palace lacky had obviously done their homework!!

Actually it would be a shame if Liz fancied doing her family tree, wouldn't it? Quite a few others have got their before her!

Comment

That's funny because my 4 x removed cousin is also a Sir !!

He is also a Noble Prize winner too!

I can't put his name up as he is still very much alive, but if you google the Noble Prize winner for Physiology or Medicine 2002 you will know who I mean!

He is the one with the full head of hair, lol!

Joanie

Comment

Loved his autobiography , Joan. I was invited 'to tea' several times at Pembroke College during my time there. Oh, those were halcyon days:D

Your Signature picture brings back lots of memories too. We used to go to Aldeburgh, just down the road, alot when we were kids.
                          I remember my dad telling us about old Dunwich being under the sea, and that sometimes you could hear the church bells ringing....but I never heard them lol
                          Last edited by Katarzyna; 05-01-08, 22:35. Reason: place error
                          Kat

Comment

well look what my 3rd great grandfather is famous for.

Wyllie Checkers: John McKerrow

Anybody fancy a game?

Comment

LOL Gloryer !

Kat have you really read his autobiography, or the internet version? His initials are J. E. S. in case you thought he was the other one, lol!

When I went to Dunwich I never heard any church bells either but I did feel like I had come "home" especially when I saw the heather on Dunwich heath. It is a fantastic place, well worth a visit, rellies or not, as it sadly won't be with us much longer I don't think.

:D
                              Last edited by Joan of Archives; 05-01-08, 23:33.

Joanie

Comment

That's brilliant, Kat. So pleased for you.
                                Joy

Comment

This is the one isn't it, Joan?

JES
                                  Kat

Comment

I have just remembered that I have a sir, too, in my family -

A Mayor and High Steward of Ipswich Alderman Sir Edward Packard. Suffolk Chemical Manufacturer. 1919 - Merger of Edward Packard & Co. and James Fison (Thetford) Ltd, of which he became chairman. He was knighted in 1922 for his services to the industry.
                                    Joy

Comment

I just knew there would be more Joy, they are becoming quite common:D:D:D
                                      Kat

Comment

Working...
                                      X