My Walley Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Walley Problem.

This is my gg grandmother Ellen Walley with her mother Mary and husband James Payne in 1861. Having trouble finding the marriage for James Payne to Mary. I know there is a chance that they didn't marry but I don't want to here that!!:D

So if anyone can find me a marriage would be most greatful.

RG9, Piece 2071, Folio 86, Page 16
    Fiona. xx

You do pick your names don't you:D
    Barbara

Comment

I just new sooner or later I'd have a Walley in the family. LOL
      Fiona. xx

Comment

Is Mary consistent with her pob on the later censuses - as in abt 1835 Bewdley?
        Barbara

Comment

and I suppose you haven't got Ellen's birth cert yet? At least that way we'd know what her mmn was?
          Barbara

Comment

1871 Bewdley, 1881 Dudley, 1891 Bewdley, 1901 Bewdley, so yes.

Daughter Ellen born 1857 Stourbridge reg dist and Ann Elizabeth Payne born 1859 Stourbridge reg dist.

Trouble is there is more than one way to spell Walley and Payne.
            Fiona. xx

Comment

Originally posted by Barbara Dodds
              and I suppose you haven't got Ellen's birth cert yet? At least that way we'd know what her mmn was?
              On it's way to me I hope. But I'm working on Mary being a single mother to be in keeping with most of the family:D.
              Fiona. xx

Comment

Well I've got two potential marriages in Stourbridge for James Payne, one is q2 1857 and the other is q3 1858

The 1857 would look better for Ellen's birth, but I haven't yet managed to tie either of the possible Mary Ann's down
                Barbara

Comment

mm there is a Mary Ann Graves, born abt 1837 Dudley in 1851 , and thats the potential name on the q2 1857 marriage...........

HO107; Piece: 2032; Folio: 250; Page: 43
                  Barbara

Comment

But did she marry a Walley first?
                    Fiona. xx

Comment

oh blast:(

there is also a Mary Ann Priest abt 1836 Dudley on the 1851, and that's the name from the q3 1858 potential marriage

HO107; Piece: 2033; Folio: 341; Page: 29

I'm guessing its this one, but you need that birth cert to confirm it lol

PS Or then there's the Mary Ann Priest abt 1838, Duddley Wood, Rowley ......
                      Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by fiona c View Post
                        But did she marry a Walley first?

Not that I've seen, but that would fit with your family wouldn't it.

So are you saying Ellen was registered as a Walley then? I did warn you I might be more hindrance than help
                        Barbara

Comment

Yes, Ellen is a Walley. Well Birth is registered Whalley and Marriage is Walley.
                          Fiona. xx

Comment

mm - there is a christening on the IGI for a Mary Walley at LAne End, Staffs. 12 April 1835 batch no C054612

So what I need now is a Walley/Graves or a Walley/Priest marriage.....

Or am I just getting very confused?
                            Barbara

Comment

Well i was hoping for a Mary Ann Walley to a James Payne but ay I'll take anything;)
                              Fiona. xx

Comment

well I haven't found one of those for you, sorry
                                Barbara

Comment

Time for me to hand over to someone with a bit more experience I think.

I'm sure someone on these boards can solve your little mystery for you
                                  Barbara

Comment

nudged

in the hope that someone can do a better job at helping Fiona than I did
                                    Barbara

Comment

Free BMD gives a marriage for a James Payne in 1857 2nd quarter in Stourbridge, which is the same registration district as the birth registration of Ellen (1857 1st quarter).

However, there are two males and only one female listed on the page
                                      Bott Thomas
                                      Graves Mary Ann
                                      Payne James
                                      Stourbridge volume 6c page209

I wonder if your Mary is the missing person - although I must admit I am having trouble finding her if she is!
                                      Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 05-01-08, 08:31.
                                      Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for taking a look, I saw that one but couldn't find a Walley of any spelling to match either. My Walley is definately a pain!
                                        Fiona. xx

Comment

Working...
                                        X