Batch code 7660033

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch code 7660033

I think A Mormon had a hangover when entering this lot! Have a look on the IGI, and see what you think!
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Oh, that is fab!!! lololol

Comment

lol. Surely you would realise wouldn't you?
      Jen

Comment

Hope it helps someone, lol. ;)
        Heather

Comment

how do i search by batch number?
          **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

perhaps he thought they were welsh
            Vicky

Comment

Good grief, what have they been drinking!!!!

I was born in Norwich and lived there for 32 years but I have no idea where this is supposed to be!!!!

Yuisalambertthe Pallaece, Norwich, Norfolk
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

got it.

all i can say is OMG!!! can you report them like you can on ancestry?
                **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by yummy-mummy-of-2 View Post
                  how do i search by batch number?

Open Family Search, click the IGI bit on the left and on the next screen add the batch number at the bottom. I think you have to add the region as well (British Isles).

Comment

Originally posted by yummy-mummy-of-2 View Post
                    got it.

all i can say is OMG!!! can you report them like you can on ancestry?
                    lol! I wish we could!

Comment

Blimey, I know I have problems with my spelling but where the heck is

Icemaryshermaniahawks Or Boughtonorfolk, , , England
                      Vikki -
                      Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Think my ancestors must have come from here, maybe that why I can't find them. LOL

Terkilwickxtonannjarmaich, , Norfolk, England
                        Fiona. xx

Comment

I know we have a broad norfolk accentt but noy this bad
                          Ephardpringdletonelizabethmannr Parnellh , , Norfolk, England

Cannot even wrap my tongue around them

Have you booked your holidays yet ?
                          Why not come to Norfolk we have some great churches for you to photograph

Shake my family tree and watch the nuts fall.

Looking for Druce-Berkshire. Auvache , James, Hughes - London. Turp - Essex. Dipple, - Herefordshire.

Regional Co ordinator Eastern Region

Comment

If you look closely at some of them, they look like peoples names.

Ephardpringdletonelizabethmannr Parnell

Ephard Pringdleton Elizabeth mannr Parnell
                            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Trying to be a bit charitable to the contributor/perpetrator, I have noticed similar manglings in the IGI when trawling through a mix of extracted and submitted entries. I think there may have been some mangling of data fields when the IGI database software has been updated at some stage. If you look carefully, most of these wonderful names are actually real names/places run together. Perhaps one of our many database whizzos may have a thought on this.
                              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

The only time I have ever seen anything like this is when someone sent me a zip file and I didn't know how to open it, lol.

The original source is "a book". I think the batch numbers beginning with 7- are member submissions and it may be an early computer attempt gone wrong!

OC

Comment

Lovely.

I remember being bemused when I found this listed under Norfolk on Hugh Wallis' batch number pages:

Cesricheskor Golderch
                                  M011652 ** 1539-1812

Turns out that its Saint Michael At Plea, Norwich!
                                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Well this one "Boughtonorfolk" is probably Boughton, Norfolk... a bit to the East of Downham Market.

Christine
                                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've reported it to them, but don't hold your breath waiting for an answer.
                                      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

What makes me slightly cross about this - it has no named source, other than "a book".

Which book, when and where?

I do know that some of the submitted stuff on IGI is very old - over 100 years since it was submitted, maybe more, and therefore pre computer days.

But you would have though that when they transferred all their stuff to computer, they would have given it some sort of title, even if it was simply "documents of unknown provenance".

OC

Comment

Working...
                                        X