Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Why do contacts always seem to ask about families who disappeared into thin air never the one's you have researched thoroughly.

I have just had an ancestry querry about Mark Harvey born 1853 in Eddington in Somerset which is near Bridgewater. He was my great grandmother's brother. (parents William Harvey and Jane Burch). I have him in 1881 when he was a spelter man which I think is something to do with lead in Glamorgan with wife Elizabeth and daughter Mary but I can't find him after that. Any ideas?
    Anne

If its easy to find folk, there are no problems - people researching family history will always get stuck with the ones that disappear. Though it would be lovely to becontacted by someone who has information you don't.

Spelter is another name for zinc.

Can you find his wife and daughter after 1881?
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks I have looked but can't find them. I have just googled spelter and it is a zinc alloy. It makes a change from all my coalminers. I wonder if he worked in a factory or made ash trays or something.
      Anne

Comment

Spelter is a "poor man's bronze" that statuettes are made from. (Info courtesy of many many antiques and attic-clearance TV progs.).
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

If you can't find any of them on later censuses, and no deaths, perhaps they emigrated?
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
          X