AVG is playing up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVG is playing up.

I think someone else had this prob recently on here. My AVG antivirus is showing as grayed out in the system tray and i get the message that it cannot connect for status. I keep trying to open it to click the av on but its not having any of it.

Ive never had a problem with this before but Ive noticed that the site has been hanging when its been doing its daily update. Hmm. I think I shall try to download it all again and see if that fixes it.

mine keeps telling me its out of date Heather yet it usually updates automatically

Comment

Have you paid for it or is it a free download?

xx

Maggie

Comment

I have the free version and haven't had any problems, it updates automatically every day.
        Christine in Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Portugal View Post
          I have the free version and haven't had any problems, it updates automatically every day.
          It does depend how long you've had it.

xx

Maggie

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
            It does depend how long you've had it.
            I've had mine about 18 months

Christine
            Christine in Portugal

Comment

I had mine about 3 years and it started playing up.

I would suggest that you should go to the AVG site and download the exe file again. De-install the one you have and then re-install it from the new exe file.

xx

Maggie

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
                I had mine about 3 years and it started playing up.

I would suggest that you should go to the AVG site and download the exe file again. De-install the one you have and then re-install it from the new exe file.

xx

Maggie
                And remeber to disconnect from the internet after saving the new one to desktop and BEFORE you uninstall the old. Do not reconnect until after you have the new installed.

Comment

Ive had mine years and this is the first time its done this. Like you say Val, it keeps saying its not active yet when I try to update manually it says its up to date. Ive just downloaded again.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    mine keeps telling me its out of date Heather yet it usually updates automatically
                    Val it will not automatically update if the computer is on standby, in hibernation or switched off at the time the update check is scheduled for.

Comment

but of course Lyn that makes sense thanks

Comment

Mines find now I reinstalled it Val.

Comment

think I will too as its happening again thanks Heather.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyn A View Post
                            And remeber to disconnect from the internet after saving the new one to desktop and BEFORE you uninstall the old. Do not reconnect until after you have the new installed.
                            Yep absolutely, sorry when I give instructions I make too many assumptions. I shouldn't do that.

Maggie

Comment

Working...
                            X