Three more surname challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three more surname challenges

09/06/1895 Alice parents: Frank and Alice Towndlow?

30/08/1898 Frances Elizabeth parents: William and Elizabeth Hilligard?

04/09/1898 Herbert Robert Taylor parents: Thomas and Fanny Olvey?

All baptised St George's Netherfield which is in Carlton Civil Parish.

Wonder if you can do it faster than last time?

Pippa
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Thanks - I can't see for looking!
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

I haven't seen the previous thread (yet) so I don't really know what this is about but if you want guesses for what the surnames should be, I would guess Towndrow and Hillyard just because they seem more like real surnames. Sorry if I'm missing the point!
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Its ok Kite they are from my little transcription project and the library is closed for refurbishment until April so I am cheating using online resources to work out what they should be.

Comment

Bumped as there are still 2 more to find!

Comment

Think this may be one Pippa

Francis E Hillyard
            Class: RG13; Piece: 3161; Folio: 22; Page: 36.

Mother is Eliza - Father William
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 04-01-08, 12:39.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Loving that answer. I have to say this project has been an eye opener as so many of these children did not get baptised where they born and I think we get too obsessed that that should have done and don't look any further afield.

Comment

I can't find anything likely for Alice in 1901 with anything like the right parents. I can't find a likely death either - sorry.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Haven't found anything useful, but there are a number of Alice TOWN(D)ROW births in Derbys/Notts and such like in the late 1800s.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                  X