Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you work out what their surnames should be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you work out what their surnames should be?

I have been doing some transcribing baptisms for St George's in Netherfield, Notts and I typed the surnames as I thought with a question mark to look into them later. I have sorted most of the others except for these 2.

Ooh this one not sure what the father's name should be:

16/09/1900 CONSTANCE GRACE parents: SLANLEY AND MARY MCCAMMING?

26/06/1887 FLORENCE ELLENparents:WILLIAM HENRY AND JANE SEVTENEE?

If you are looking on the census returns the civil parish is Carlton and it was mainly railway people that lived in the area.

Good Luck!

Pippa
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Isn't that father's first name "STANLEY", rather than "SLANLEY"?

Christine
    (I have yet to look at the image)
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I thought so too but I haven't been able to find the family to check!
      Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

There's a birth registered for a Florence Ellen SENTENCE in the Basford District: 1887q2 7b-261 (per the FreeBMD transcriptions)

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Can't find any birth reg for a Constance Grace for which the surname could be interpreted to become MCCAMMING

Christine

Comment

Sentence makes sense as its a local name - Thanks!

Comment

I think you will find this reference to the 1901 census is Constance and her parents McCUMMINGS.

Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 3176; Folio: 55; Page: 7.

And this is one for Florence SENTENCE, Father William, mother Jane

Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 3160; Folio: 138; Page: 4.

Di
              Last edited by dicole; 03-01-08, 20:19. Reason: more info
              Diane
              Sydney Australia
              Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Well done, Di. That looks very likely!

Presumably the "Mary" is MaryAnn and called Pollie/Polly.

Christine

Comment

And she was registered Grace C, 1900q1 Nottingham 7b-374 ?

Christine

Comment

Thanks loads it was driving me nuts!

Comment

I sometimes go back on another site. It all seems very fraught by comparison with here, where everyone here seems willing to lend a hand for the fun of it, and the teamwork comes up trumps quite often.

You did a good thing sixteen months ago!

Christine

Comment

Thanks and btw I have 3 more challenges on a new thread - lol

Comment

I think I'd better steer clear tonight. Better get off to bed!

goodnight
                          Christine

Comment

Working...
                          X