Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone bored? Can you help me sort this out please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone bored? Can you help me sort this out please?

I'm really confused now and wonder if anyone has a bit of spare time to get me unmuddled please. Sorry its long winded.

Working backwards I have Samuel Malthouse in 1901, born abt 1859 in Whitwell, Derbyshire. Married to Eliza (nee Richardson) RG13; Piece: 3129; Folio: 54; Page: 9.

In 1891 I have Samuel and Eliza, with Samuel giving his dob as about 1860, Whitwell, Derbyshire. RG12; Piece: 2647; Folio 35; Page 25

Samuel and Eliza married in 1884, and I have traced her family back

In 1881 I've got Samuel born abt 1858, Whitwell, with his parents John G Malthouse and Ann RG11; Piece: 3309; Folio: 43; Page: 36. There is also a younger brother Richard born abt 1864 Whitwell in the family group.

In 1871 Samuel abt 1858 is with his parents and siblings in Whitwell RG10; Piece: 3463; Folio: 40; Page: 34

In 1861 the best match I can find is at RG9; Piece: 2422; Folio: 33; Page: 27. The problem is that most of the family are listed as Samuel Malthouse Goodhall, etc. with the exception of George Moss Lunn who is described as a son (abt 1847 Whitwell). The children's names and ages all fit otherwise, and all seem to be registered under the name of Malthouse in Worksop reg. district (Samuel in 1857) There is a MIL in the household called Ann Platis.

Samuel's Father John born abt 1826 Harrogate, Yorks - a mason, and mother Ann born abt 1820 Whitwell, Derbyshire.

I can't spot a suitable marriage, and I can't find Samuel's parents before 1861 - but then I don't know what name I should be looking for

Where did George Moss Lunn come from? was he possibly Ann's child from a previous marriage. Trouble is I can't spot a birth reg for him either.

Any ideas pleease. Thanks in advance
    Barbara

what's the registration district for Whitwell?
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Hi Zoe, registration district for Whitwell is Worksop

Thanks
      Barbara

Comment

birth for George?

George Lunn
        Year of Registration: 1846 Jun
        Worksop 15 709
        Zoe in London

Comment

John g. Malthouse seems to be John Goodall Malthouse, he died in 1900 aged 74.
          Fiona. xx

Comment

Thanks both

Looks like a likely birth there Zoe

Fiona - John G being John Goodhall Malthouse would make sense I suppose, but why on earth switch the names round. I'm sure its only done to confuse my poor little brain
            Barbara

Comment

That George may not be him as there's a George Lunn son of George and Harriet born Harthill on the 1851 census
              Zoe in London

Comment

I've no idea why Barbara, have all kinds of trouble finding them in 1851 together or seperate.

I see in 1861 there is an Ann Platis as mother-in-law.
                Fiona. xx

Comment

OK Zoe -noted. Harthill isn't very far from Whitwell, about 5 miles I would say, even though its across the county border.

Fiona - why do you think I'm asking for help!!!! I can't find them on the 1851 either:( That name change doesn't help. I'd seen that MIL name, hope it helps you 'cos it didn't help me lol
                  Barbara

Comment

This is not good! Cart find any births in Goodall Malthouse or Malthouse Goodall. Mmmmmm
                    Fiona. xx

Comment

There is a Peter Barnabus Malthouse born in 1860. no mention of the Goodall name there.
                      Fiona. xx

Comment

Working from that Peter Barnabas Malthouse (thank goodness for an unusal name), I think you'll find all his siblings births as Malthouse in the Worksop reg. district.

That Goodhall name is really confusing me

added: they were baptised with the surname Malthouse as well, Peter Barnabas, William, Richard and Samuel are in batch no C047551
                        Last edited by Barbara Dodds; 03-01-08, 18:42.
                        Barbara

Comment

Think the mother-in-law is Ann Platts not Platis

Maybe 1851?

HO107, Piece 2122, Folio 527, Page 24
                          Fiona. xx

Comment

I'm thinking the goodall bit might have been a misunderstanding with the Enmurator and it's only the father John's middle name.
                            Fiona. xx

Comment

Well that's the mother in law sorted then, and you could well be right about the confusion with the enumerator. Thanks.

Only q is now, where are John and his wife?
                              Barbara

Comment

Here's Ann Platts and Ann and John Lunn in 1841.

HO107 , Piece 196, Book 10, Folio 27, Page 19
                                Fiona. xx

Comment

So theory would be daughter Ann married John Lunn, they have child George Moss Lunn. John Lunn then dies and Ann remarries to John G Malthouse?
                                  Last edited by Barbara Dodds; 03-01-08, 19:00.
                                  Barbara

Comment

q3 1850 Sheffield reg district, marriages

There is a John Malthouse and an Ann Lunn on the same page - what do you reckon?

and there is a death of a John Lunn in Chesterfield reg district in 1848, q3. Could be as close as the next village!
                                    Last edited by Barbara Dodds; 03-01-08, 19:01. Reason: adding info
                                    Barbara

Comment

Could be, John Malthouse is from Yorkshire.
                                      Fiona. xx

Comment

Yes, and he's a Mason so would possibly move around a bit. I seem to think he was born Harrogate according to one of the censuses where we've definitely found him
                                        Barbara

Comment

Working...
                                        X