Outlook Express again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Express again!

My system seems to have developed a quirk which I'm not liking!

Yesterday, it played "let's put all mail in the junk folder"

Today...OE won't even open...I get the message...OE could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded

Can anyone please translate and help?!

Ta
    Just Mandy

"They certainly broke the mould when they made me!"

What system are you using...Windows98, XP or Vista? Have you had your computer cleared & reset-up? This is what usually cause this problem with XP.
    Do you have your windows discs?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyn A View Post
      What system are you using...Windows98, XP or Vista? Have you had your computer cleared & reset-up? This is what usually cause this problem with XP.
      Do you have your windows discs?
      Erm...erm....???

XP I think.

Not had it cleared and reset up...but been doing a disc fragment...would that be it?
      Just Mandy

Comment

The 2 problems you have had are quite unrelated. The first one can only be done by your email provider. This one is because the registry has changed.
        Defraging should not change the registry. All it does is change the order of your files (Things you have saved to your computer) on your hard drive....a bit like tidying your bookcase, so that everything fits neatly and the all the spare space is at the far end.

So I have no idea why you are missing a .dll file.

However the first link that Clare posted, is the correct way to remedy the problem . Print it off and follow it carefully. It is not hard. You will need your XP CDs.
        However, if you are not familiar with computers and are worried about trying it, there is one thing you could try first, which may or may not work.
        That is to go to the Windows Update site, and download & install the latest version of OE. It may have the .dll file you need.

Good luck.
        Last edited by Lyn A; 03-01-08, 12:27.

Comment

Thanks Lyn, will get onto all of that soon
          Just Mandy

Comment

Mandy...I just looked at all those links that Clare posted.....the others may be the problem. I have not come across those situations before, so might be worth trying them too.

Comment

Working...
            X