help with PAF please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with PAF please

I have my tree on PAF. I would like to sent a particular branch of the tree to another researcher. Is this possible and if so, could you please advise me how to do it.

Many thanks

Terry - computor dinosaur

It IS possible. I think you need to click on File (top left corner) and then "Export" which will open another window where you can choose what you wish to include in the bit you are sending.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

It depends on how much you want to send. If you want to just send the direct ancestors of an individual, simply highlight that individual, and in Export Gedcom select Ancestors. You then have the option of how many generations of descendants of those ancestors you wish to include.

In some cases you may have to temporarily unlink an individual or delete a Marriage to select the ones you want, and then re-instate it later.
      Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

Or if you wish, you can make a report, rather than send a Gedcom.....that's the way I usually do it.

Comment

To separate a file:
          Go into File then export then hit select particular individual then how many generations, include spouses, when new comes up hit select again.

Hope this works. I have copied it from some notes I made a while ago and may have missed an obvious step.
          If it's to be, it's up to me.
          Searching for:
          English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Many thanks for the helpful advice & apols in delay in replying (at work:-))

Terry

Comment

Working...
            X