Probate lookups tomorrow Thurs 3rd Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate lookups tomorrow Thurs 3rd Jan

I'll be in London at the Principal Registry tomorrow looking at probates and ordering wills, and I should have some time to do some lookups. (covers England & Wales 1858-recent)

If you can post the name, date of death (after 1858) and approximate area if it's a common name I'll endeavour to search 5yrs from date of death, though it might be the weekend before I can pm you.

I'm not sure how many I'll be able to get through but I'll work through in order of receipt.

Just had a thought - if you are in a different time zone therefore won't see this for ages I'll look in again before I go.
    Last edited by Jill on the A272; 02-01-08, 17:24. Reason: extra info

Hi Jill, have PM'd you.
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

You're top of the list Daphne, I won't be able to order any due to time pressures, but will post the address for anyone to order if I get any probate details

Postal Searches & Copies Dept
      The Probate Registry
      Castle Chambers
      Clifford St
      York
      YO1 9RG

Each will costs £5, cheques payable to HMPG. Bear in mind that Administration rather than Probate has very few details on that don't already appear on the Probate Calendar entry that I'll belooking at so may not be worth spending your money on. The last will I wrote of for took 5 weeks to arrive, (at the London office they have a 1 hour service).

Comment

Oh Jill, many thanks for the offer. If you could look for Ellen Stowell, died 19/1/1927 in Battersea and Edward Chapman Barley, died 10/2/1918 Barton Upon Humber, Lincolnshire, then I would be really grateful.

Thanks in advance
        Lynn

Comment

Hi Jill,

thanks for your kind offer! If you have time, then could you please look for:

1) John Waite, died 25 May 1876 at Langton, Lincs
          2) George Wells, died Oct 1891, Dereham, Norfolk

Thanks again!
          Kind regards,
          William
          Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Thank you Jill, I have PMd you.
            Sylvia.

Comment

Thankyou Jill........I have PMd you,

Jacky xx :D
              Jacky

Comment

Hi Jill
                Thank you for the offer.

If you have any time left I would be grateful for a lookup for Henry Charles Wordley, died November 4th, 1929. He could also be called Harry instead of Henry.

Thanks.

Comment

Jill, thanks and have a good day, hope you don't get stuck in any snow though!
                  Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Off to get the train shortly, have noted everything everyone's asked for, see you later.

Comment

I got back earlier than I expected, had some hits and some misses and have pm'd all of you that asked for lookups. First prize goes to Tom, 4 out of 4 successes!

Also photographed 3 churches for the Wiki and would have done more if it hadn't been so dark at only 3pm. I also drooled over the jewellery in Hatton Garden in my lunchbreak on your behalf.

Comment

Hiya Jill,

I too would like to thank you.....:D

Tom, you lucky person.........Lol :D

Jacky xx
                        Jacky

Comment

It's been a pleasure folks, only wish you were all as lucky as Tom & me. I got a good many probate details (but can't afford to send off for all of them yet). I'm still puzzled as to why one of my folk who was a solicitor didn't leave a will.

Comment

I would also like to publicly thank Jill as she found info for me.

;);)

Comment

Thank you Jill for giving your time for all of us, it really is appreciated.
                              Daphne

Comment

Thanks very much, Jill, that was really useful.

For future reference, where can the National Probate Calendar be viewed? Do all local Record Offices have it?

Comment

Thanks for looking Jill. It is a shame that my relatives never seem to have left wills :(. I only have one & my cousin sent me that. the nearest I have found is a ggg uncle & aunt who left wills, although I haven't sent for them yet, I was hoping to find a closer rellie.
                                  Lynn

Comment

Thanks for looking!!
                                    Kind regards,
                                    William
                                    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Working...
                                    X