Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Births of John and William Crye in USA

Hi all,

Can anyone help me find the birth of John Crye c1799 and his son William Edward Crye c1860 both in USA, possibly in Virginia, or any other records of them please? William died in England but John died in the US, so a record of his death or any census records would also be helpful. I don't have Ancestry world membership and have not researched anything in the US before. I found a few possibilities when I searched but would need to view the records to see if it's the correct one. (Are the parents names shown in US records of births?)

Any suggestions of where else I can look please? I have googled Crye and found other people's family web pages but none seem to relate to my Crye's.

Thank you all and Happy New Year!
    Trisha
    Researching Daly, Carroll, Doyle and Danahy - Ireland. Wilkinson- Manchester. Tipping, Roach, Hughes, Jones and Blinkhorn- Liverpool and Vermiglio,Gasparina, Ginochio, Mutti, Morri and Diodati- Italy and Liverpool

HI Trisha

Have you got one of the birth years slightly out a lot,

if one born 1799 and son not born til 1860 that would make dad 60 when that son born.

I can take a look but will you clarify birth year again
    WendyP

Comment

Hi Wendy,

Yes I know it seems odd but 1799 is the correct date for John according to the information I have been given. Another relative has seen a photo of John and William when he was in his teens and described his father John as a white haired old man.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
      Trisha
      Researching Daly, Carroll, Doyle and Danahy - Ireland. Wilkinson- Manchester. Tipping, Roach, Hughes, Jones and Blinkhorn- Liverpool and Vermiglio,Gasparina, Ginochio, Mutti, Morri and Diodati- Italy and Liverpool

Comment

HI Trixie

And are you certain its Virginia? Or would it be West Virginia?

You mentioned that you had seen some poss' refs for one or the other of them can you point me to where you saw them with as much info as poss.

I dont mind trawling through but if you have anything that might help it will bve a godsend.
        WendyP

Comment

Hi Wendy,

I have tied myself up in knots over this because it's becoming so complicated (the family stories don't add up) I have had another look on Ancestry and now realise that none of the hits relate to Virginia or West Virginia :o
          Having said that, I now think they could be from anywhere in the USA!

I couldn't find anything for William.

There were two hits one after the other, for John in Family Date Collection- Births
          one with a father called Joseph and another with a father called John.

There is another for John in the 1870 US Federal Census showing a dob of 1807 living in Dunn, Wisconsin.

I also have information which suggests that William may have had a sister called Elizabeth and I found a birth in Family Date Collection- Births for an Elizabeth with a father John and I found a marriage in Wisconsin Marriages pre 1907.

If you could have a look at these records please I would be very grateful.

Thanks for all your time and trouble.

Trisha

Comment

I Trixie

Ok I can certainly understand the mixup on information. Can I just ask have you googled "William Edward Cry" and followed the links there is a bit of inof about him stating that he was born in Pittsburgh Virginia but again I can't match anything up on that one either.

Anyway back to the John Crye in Dunn

He is 63 and born North Carolina his wife is Edith born Indianna and his occ is Farmer his youngest child is Rachel 12 years of age.

Regarding the birth and marriage entry for an Elizabeth Crye she shows as being the daughter of the above John and Edith she was born in 1846 and married in 1870.

So again nothing showing up for you at all to help track either of them down.
            Last edited by WendyP; 02-01-08, 07:16.
            WendyP

Comment

Thanks for your help Wendy.

Trisha

Comment

William Crye

Hi Trisha,
                I think we are both tracing the same Cryes, I am from Dora Cryes side of the family and have had someone contact me recently with the information I have been trying to find, it is the same info that you had re William having an older sister, this also says he had a younger brother, its not concrete at present but seems to tie in. If you have found any further information I would be really interested,
                Cheers Gill

Comment

Gill
                  you might have better luck PM'ing (private messaging) Trixie, to do this you need to click on her name on the left and then select 'private message'
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Gill,

Sorry I don't have any further info. I have sent you a pm.
                    Thanks
                    Trisha

Comment

Working...
                    X