Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darsecret,can i have a wiki page pretty please

i will be going for a cuppa so will you help me brenda xxx

I don't think Julie is around at the moment.
    Everyone has a wiki page - they just take a bit of finding -which I have just worked out!

Anyway - click on the following link to take you to your very own page. You can put in family names that you are researching and these will be picked up by google - which gives you a chance that someone might google your names and make a link.

Happy typing!

If anyone else wants to find their wiki page, then this is the way I found Brens. It might not be the quickest way to get there but it was the only way I could work out!
    Go into the Wiki.
    Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on SPECIAL PAGES (bottom right).
    On the next page click on USER PAGE
    Then scroll through to your name.
    If the member name you see is in blue, it means that member has added something to their user page - so you can have a glance through for suggestions!
    Elaine

Comment

what are you stuck with Brenda?
      what do you want to do?

finding your own ppage on the wiki is easy peasy ( Elaine has the complicated way!)

go to wiki main page. along the top you'll see, the white search box. to the right of this is your name, then MY TALK - click there and type away

scroll down and save!

( Brenda ,Elaine has already created your page....)

Happy to help you, if you tell me what you are trying to do. Are you just looking for a specific page?
      Last edited by Jessbowbag; 31-12-07, 17:12.
      Jess

Comment

thankyou elaine,i have put a little up and will have a go later,have a good evening and all the best for 2008 brenda

jess elaine has jumped in and helped me every time i gave a shout,thankyou brenda xxx

Comment

as long as you are sorted, thats fine,

do you need a hand with layout or anything or are you happy as it is?
          Jess

Comment

Originally posted by Jessbowbag View Post
            finding your own ppage on the wiki is easy peasy ( Elaine has the complicated way!)
            Thanks Jess - I knew I should have waited for one of the experts!

Originally posted by Jessbowbag View Post
            Elaine has already created your page....)
            Did I - it seemed as if it was already there! :o
            Elaine

Comment

it would have been if Bren had already been there - if you get my idea- if she had even looked at the page I think - think not sure, - or maybe typed and even deleted text again.

was Brenda's name blue when you clicked on it 'your way'
              Jess

Comment

i found it but not sure how to go about putting things on,brenda xxx

Comment

you have put stuff on, havent you?

something about where you people came from, gloucestershire?
                  Jess

Comment

You have got others going anyway Bren!

If anyone is befuddlled by the lack of carraige returns they KNEW they put in, bear in mind you need to use two ( bang return twice)

also BOLD
                    put ''' ( which is on your @ key) ,3 of them, either side of the word/sentance you want in bold.

'''Jones''' fron Torbay would thus appear Jones from Torbay

no names mentioned ...but I'm keeping my beady eye on you!!!
                    Last edited by Jessbowbag; 31-12-07, 18:20.
                    Jess

Comment

what are carraige returns,and use to bang returns twice?i sorry i dont understand ...lol brenda xxx

Comment

return - to start a new line, you have to tap return twice, not just once

have actually gone onto your page to help you- hope you dont mind- i'll delete my bit when you are okay

Bren - did you mean to start anothr page or intend to go back to the one you were on?
                        Last edited by Jessbowbag; 31-12-07, 18:37.
                        Jess

Comment

Blimey! I found mine with utter ease and have put some stuff on, prompted by the carrot that it appears in a Google search.

I cannot believe it was so easy...Bren, if I can do it,without even crying, then your budgie can!

OC

Comment

Go then, OC, Go

get clever...... bit of bold, few more returns to space things out - what about a photo or 3? lol!
                            Jess

Comment

im hopeless,but i will keep trying,let me know when im going wrong ,can you put photo,s on ?lol brenda xxx

Comment

Brenda

You keep trying - you are fine

i am going to have my tea -have already burned the tatties!
                                I'll be back

You are not carving in stone, anything can be altered , just play, YOU ARE DOING WELL. Nothing is WRONG its your page - you have what you want how you want it
                                Jess

Comment

thankyou enjoy your burnt tatties brenda xxx

Comment

can I just say for Bren that 'carriage return' that Jess refers to in your ENTER key on the keyboard. Don't think this has been said before.

Sorry to but in ;)
                                    Rose

Comment

Bren,

I am so sorry that I haven't been here to help you.

we have only just got home, having been out with the children.
                                      Julie
                                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

:( I can't do it :(

*bangs fists on desk*

*weeps copiously*

OC never even told me she had a budgie and now I find she has one that can type and it is cleverer than I am.....................:(:o

Comment

Working...
                                        X