Installing Bivr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Bivr

Please can someone advise, my son bought me for christmas the BIVR From L D S, but we cant seem to have any success installing it, its the latest edition but the file veiwer is the older version ie; 4.0 , we contacted them and they said that we needed the file veiwer upgradeing to 4.02 and emailed a list of instructions to follow to do this, we did have a go but I seemed to have to alter this and that on Pc and didnt think I should have to do all this when I emailed back and pointed out that I didnt think I should be altering my PC perimiters to get their soft ware to run and please would they send me the updated file veiwer which was needed to install ,to date Ive had no reply, I would value any opinions and advise, Kind Regards Margaret.

Margaret what Edition is it? I have the 2nd Edition with the File Viewer 4.0 However when I look at the version number it says Version 4.02.

Have you installed the viewer? Have you been able to install the CDs? They have to be installed one at a time.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Wendy, this is 2nd edition with file viewer 4.0, there is no other version number anywhere, we did install the viewer and an error code came up when I emailed them they sent instructions how to upgrade to 4.02 but when we tried to do this it was denying access
      we didnt have any trouble a few years ago installing 1881 census which my sister had lent me. regards Margaret.

Comment

re BIVR

Wendy Im using Windows XP Margaret.

Comment

Sorry Margaret, but my son says he doesn't know why you were denied access. It worked OK on my PC and I'm using XP. He suggests you e-mail them again.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Re Bivr

Thanks Wendy,I think thats what I will have to do ,Other than that a mate of my sons , who apparently is a PC buff , so he,s going to ask him to have a go , will let you know what happens. All the best Margaret.

Comment

Hi Margaret,

Is the denying message a windows admin message ?

Clare

Comment

Hi Clare, not sure as my son was doing the job, I would have to ask him when he calls, and Im hopeless with anything tec. (everyones wary when I push buttons) Margaret.

Comment

Working...
                X