death certificate info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• death certificate info

I think I have had a fruitful afternoon scrolling through parish records trying to tie up lose ends. Just ordered a death certificate which I think belongs to one of mine from 1859. Which year do they start putting relationship to informant on the certificates please? The one I had from 1878 was a hospital death so had the nurses name as informant. Was hoping maybe a rellie would be the informant to confirm its the correct one.

I don't think the relationship has ever been a regulation. It's just that later certs are more informative generally. Does the address of the deceased or the occupation help?
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

from the excellent Death Certificate Tutorials

"By 1875 the relationship of the informant to the deceased was given - together with additional qualifications such as "present at the death" or "in attendance". People not related to the deceased but present at the death still qualified, but only "present at the death" would be shown."
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

thanks nell
        Probably not much info then . Just hope it gives some clue like any offsprings or wives name as informant then I will know its mine. I am going by the ages and dates and area. Found it in the parish records and then on freebmd so it looks likely to be the correct one.

Comment

Working...
        X