Census help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Census help please

Can anyone find these on the 1891 or afterwards? I've spent two hours looking and I'm not getting anywhere with some of them: )

1881 4 Ship Court, St John the Evangelist Westminster
    Charles Richards head 38 Oxford, Oxfordshire (Henley, Oxon on 1871)
    Mary Richards (Mary Ann) wife 39 Berkshire (actually born Benson or Bensington, Oxon but grew up in Cockpole parish of Wargrave/ Hurley,Berkshire)
    Phoebe Richards dau 12 London (Pimlico 1871/Westminster 1891)
    Annie Richards dau 10 London (b 1871 St George Hanover Square)
    Sarah Richards dau 8 London (b1873 St George Hanover Square)
    Charles Richards son 5 London
    Flora Richards dau 2 London

I think I can kill off the two Charleses - Charles junior is probably the Charles Frederick who dies Jun qtr 1876 St George Hanover Square and Charles senior the Charles Richards who died Mar qtr 1884 St George Hanover Square.

Phoebe is Phoebe Emma who married George F Grey/Gray in 1887 St George Hanover Square and is in Bermondsey in 1901.

Flora is Florence Julia who is with her maternal uncle George Fidler in Reading, Berks in 1891. She marries and stays in Berkshire.

But I'm still missing Mary, Annie and Sarah. I assume Mary has either died or remarried but I can't find any matches on FreeBMD.
    Asa

They really are elusive, aren't they!

What's the betting one of the experts like Elaine-Spain or someone will have answered before I post this!

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Oh thanks Christine! I had a quick look earlier and couldn't see anything. I'll have another go!
      Elaine

Comment

I've just had a look again, with wildcards and minimal info, and still can't spot the likely solution.

Sorry - I'd probably better get on with some things with an imminent deadline!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

In my experience, 1891 is particularly good for losing relations. I did find a couple who'd emigrated, which explains why they vanished. But all I can do for now is offer sympathies, and see if you can locate other family members in the hope that some of them are visiting.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks very much for having a look all of you. I'm going to shelve them for the time being: )

Nell, I agree about the 1891 - more frustrating than the 1861 with its missing parts because at least they should be there!
            Asa

Comment

Working...
            X