Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lincolnshire Registration Service. Another quick turnround.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincolnshire Registration Service. Another quick turnround.

I ordered a couple of certs on Boxing night via the new online facilty. This morning they dropped through the letter box. I would have thought xmas would throw a spanner in the works but obviously not, shame the death cert didn't quite give me the result i wanted but there you go.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

You nearly, but not quite, beat my all time record Glen!

I sent an email about midnight one Sunday/Monday to Salford, asking if they could decide between two certs for me. The cert arrived on my mat on Tuesday morning at 9a.m., which I calculate was a total time of 33 hours!

What is more, I hadn't even paid for it - there was a bill enclosed.

But your 56 hours over a holiday period deserves a Highly Commended!

OC

Comment

That's formidably impressive!

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

That's quite impressive Glen. I love it when something you don't expect happens really quickly. I think it is to make up for all the waiting we do at other times.
        Kit

Comment

Lincoln have always been good, even more impressive when you consider they cover the county and not just the immediate disrict.

It was my first foray into the new online order facility but i suppose i shouldn't have been too suprised. Even a good old fashoined postal application is usually completed within 5 days of posting the application. Seeing as the majority of the time the application or cert is in the post then they must deal with the orders within hours of getting them.

Another completely useless peice of info for you all............ seeing as i never actually met either of my birth parents but they did sign certs in Lincoln (as informants or witnesses etc) i can at least say i have a true copy of their handwriting via the scanned copies from Lincoln. It is only a small thing i know but it sure beats a GRO version or the sentimental value.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
          My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
          My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
          X