Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry

Do they answer queries by email or is it best to telephone them?
    I sent an email yesterday, but haven't had a reply.
    Does anyone have a telephone number for them please?
    Thanks.

Found this one on the Ancestry website
    0800 404 9723 (toll free)
    Monday - Friday : 9:00 am - 19:00 pm GMT
    Saturday : 9:00 am - 17:00 pm GMT
    Sunday : Closed
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine.
      You're working hard for me today.

Comment

Another question.
        I am thinking of upgrading my ancestry subscription, could I do this through Quidco or would it not count because I am already a member of Ancestry?

Comment

eilaine sent one for me but no reply as yet brenda xxx

Comment

I phoned on the above number and spoke to a very nice young lady.
            So thinking of upgrading if I can do it through Quidco.

Comment

they do reply to emails personally (not a pre-typed standard thingy) but it can take upto a week i have found. and they are more than willing ohelpif you dont like the initiall answer they give you.
              **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

The girl on the phone was very helpful and very nice.

Comment

They are always extremely polite and helpful on the phone arent they - I dont know about the upgrading Morfydd, quidco only covers a new sub I think. If you have finished a trial or your usual UK sub it may be that if you used a different email addy you could sub for the world ancestry - is that what you mean? Thing is though, if you have had a free trial they usually email you with a 20% discount offer a couple of weeks later anyway. Another ruse that has been mentioned is going to the site, clicking the sub you want then backing out before signing up - you get a message asking you to stay and offering you a discount apparently.

If I were you Id have asked the girl at ancestry if there were any discounts currently available - may be worth ringing them again and asking? I got my last sub for £55 for the year instead of £80 by telephoning them.

Comment

The world one is reduced by £50 to £149.95 and I'll get a refund of my UK subs left since September.
                    Wasn't sure if I could go through Quidco as it would be an upgrade and not a renewal.

Comment

Butting in here--- I just got my reminder that my sub will be renewed on Jan 18th at the full price of £79.95.

How do I go about getting the discounts everyone else here has been getting?
                      Do I cancel & then re-apply or do I call & explain that I won't renew at that price?
                      Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Yes, just seen that offer on my ancestry:

Annual Membership
                        £149.95*
                        (Equivalent to £ 12.50 a month) Sign up now »
                        *Offer valid from the 20th December 2007 to the 28th February 2008 inclusive. Offer consists of £50 off World annual membership; now £149.95, usually £199.95. Offer is not available for existing World annual subscribers (including those renewing existing annual World membership subscriptions). Usual Terms and Conditions apply

Dont know Morfydd, Id have thought that if you are already a member then you wouldnt get the 15% quidco discount.

Viv, you can phone them and haggle but it doesnt always work, you can tell them you want to cancel your membership on 18 Jan (make sure you tell them ahead so they dont automatically take the money from your card) and then wait a couple of weeks and see if they mail you an offer - I think people have had 20% discount offered for them to rejoin? Or use a different email addy and join through quidco.com and get 15% cash back as a new sub.

Comment

Thanks Heather, I think maybe I'll call them & plead the poor pensioner who has to give up her sub as she can no longer afford it. lol:D
                          Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

No, I have a feeling I won't get it, but I may just try.

Comment

Working...
                            X