Is Ancestry playing up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ancestry playing up?

Several times in the last few days I have had "no results" when using the Scottish census on Ancestry.

I had a census report from 1881 Scottish census which someone kindly found for me ages ago, but I couldn't find it using the head of household's name. I then entered the reference number (page number, that is)and still got no results.

In exasperation I hand-searched for the baby of the family, with no surname - and found the family, perfectly transcribed, with the correct page number!

I then repeated the search, in case I had done something daft the first time - no results!

Is this "no results" thingy a subtle way of saying they are too busy to search??

OC

its just gone doo-lally on me -
    Jess

Comment

I renewed my sub this week and the length of time each search is taking (when the search button is visible) makes me wonder why i bothered.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

It really is infuriating, because even when you find someone - usually by chance! - because there are no transcriptions to see, I cannot work out exactly why my 3 x GGM has got ten years YOUNGER by the next census, and a year younger than that ten years later, making her younger than her son and daughter....

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
          my 3 x GGM has got ten years YOUNGER by the next census, and a year younger than that ten years later....

OC
          Heads it is an Ancestry mistranscription, tails it's just because she is a woman :D:D:D
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
          My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
          My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Glen

Either that, or she was taking the ****. She was 72, trying to pass for 36! lol!

OC

Comment

Working...
            X