lol computer telling me im running out of memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol computer telling me im running out of memory

running short of memory and i dont understand wht do i have to do,as it said i was getting more memory,brenda XXx

lol computer telling me im running out of memory

lol how did it know,put an sos on computer help. brenda xxx

Comment

Mine tells me that from time to time bren....................its not computer thats out of memory its me half the time.....................lol

Comment

lol it said it was giving me more,dont know how it runs out of memory see machines also have senior moments brenda xxx

Comment

Mine does that as well. Says it every day for a week or so, then it stops. A few months later, off it goes again.

Comment

thankgoodness its not just mine,must be over working it lol brenda xxx

Comment

I get that sometimes and its usually when I have lots of windows open so I just close one or two of them down.
              We did actully install some more on my PC so dont know why I still get that message.

Comment

Lol Brenda :D

Was you using a specific programme at the time ? If you was using (lets say) word or photopaint and this came up it usually means you need your cache adjusting as it cant find enough memory for what article you want to use at that time. It's all to do with your cache...in other words,the cache is a part of your hard-drive that you specify to use for memory overload,like a reserve after you've used all your "physical" memory up. Not sure though . Oh i'm confused now !

Comment

If its a desktop, buy some more memory or an external hard drive.
                  Len of the Chilterns passed away July 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Len of the Chilterns View Post
                    If its a desktop, buy some more memory or an external hard drive.
                    Errmm Len Lol !
                    Unless it's a huge programme you don't have to spend a penny.
                    Just alter your Cache number in the cache memory settings ? Yes ? ;)

Comment

please exsplain how i do the cache thingy,im hopeless,someone said to delete my temp files and defrag,and cookies,i do that once a week anyway but never do the cookies,as i would loose all my passwords and have to do them all again brenda xxx

Comment

Brenda most people will tell you its not needed to delete your cookies

Comment

but how do i cache ?brenda xxx

Comment

it came up when i was on ancestry only had that window open brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Astro Lady View Post
                              Errmm Len Lol !
                              Unless it's a huge programme you don't have to spend a penny.
                              Just alter your Cache number in the cache memory settings ? Yes ? ;)
                              I misunderstood and thought Brenda was referring to space on the hard disc, not RAM
                              Len of the Chilterns passed away July 2021

Comment

For the cache

Tools
                                Options
                                Advanced
                                Network

Mine is set at 50mb.

you could increase yours I expect.

Comment

i have no tools showing on her at the top bar,went to my outlook and found tools,option but no advance or network, brenda xxx

Comment

Bren,
                                    Sorry i haven't been back to you.Lol. :o
                                    Do you have windows xp ?

Comment

Try this....

On your computer go to Start >Settings > Control Panel.
                                      Click on SYSTEM
                                      Go to the ADVANCED tab at the top
                                      Where it says Performance click on the Settings tab
                                      Click on the ADVANCED tab at the top
                                      Now you will see three options.
                                      You will see Virtual Memory near to the bottom
                                      Click on the Change tab
                                      The default is set at one and a half times the RAM of your pc but you can usually alter it to 3 times that amount safely so that amy huge resources can handle the memory usage such as large programmes etc.

Therefore if you have 256 MB ram installed on your PC you can change the minimum size to 384 MB and the maximum size to 1154 MB, make sure the custom button is marked with a little dot first. When that's done just press OK then restart your PC.

If you have any problems just make sure you have set a system restore point beforehand, although you shouldn't have any
                                      problems, it's just in case.

Comment

If you get the message again, Bren, it might be worth pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete to see what programs etc are running.
                                        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                                        X