Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris or Lyn.......NZ question.

Hello...

I'm back into my grandfather's side and was wondering if there are any new passenger lists to NZ available. I can't see any when I google.

I'm looking at between 1865ish and 1880ish, probably Taranaki region as my great grandfather married in 1883 in Wanganui and my grandfather was born 1885 in Patea.

Thanks.

Libby.

Nothing new that I know of. I presume you have seen this?

Passenger Lists

There are a lot of Taranaki news papers searchable on papars past, hang on, I will find the link

Here it is

Papers Past
    Christine
    Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.
    Mary Jean Iron

Comment

Thanks Chris....

I think I've exhausted that Passenegr List, but I'll check the new ones.

As for Papers Past, I've spent the last week there. Nearly cancelled Christmas.
      I've found school reports and funeral notices. Been great.

Comment

Isn't paperspast wonderful! I have found a heap of family gossip via the court notices! :D
        Christine
        Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.
        Mary Jean Iron

Comment

Have you tried this one, Libby?

Ships To New Plymouth

Mind you they could have arrived at almost any port & travelled to Taranaki.

Comment

Just saw the heading on that page....still waiting for a few to arrive by the dates it covers. LOL!!!!

Comment

That is a new one for me Lyn, but wouldn't you know it, the sailings that some of my lot may have been on do not have passenger lists! :D
              Christine
              Mary Jean Iron

Comment

Thanks Lyn.....Yes, maybe his hsan't got there yet!!!!!

No still not there. His wife isn't on any either.

Do you know if there are more in the Archives or somewhere taht haven't been put on the web?

Comment

Yes I think there are many more that have not been transcribed. I have not really looked myself, but I understand that there are lists for assisted immigrants that are easier to search than those for the people who paid their own way.
                  Christine
                  Mary Jean Iron

Comment

Thanks Chris..............might have to enthuse one of the many rellies still there.......or come over myself. OOOH the thought of cold weather....I might be able to use my thermals again.

Comment

Did you notice the dates they said they cover???

SHIPS TO NEW ZEALAND
                      Between 1835 and 11910

PMSL!!!

Comment

Oh, I did not read the important bits!

:D:D:p
                        Christine
                        Mary Jean Iron

Comment

I did!!!!lol

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiChris View Post
                            That is a new one for me Lyn, but wouldn't you know it, the sailings that some of my lot may have been on do not have passenger lists! :D

The Feeks are there!! They are yours, aren't they?

Comment

They are indeed, and I saw them! But I need some Corbetts arriving about 1855/6. There are some earlier that are mine but I need their parents.
                              Christine
                              Mary Jean Iron

Comment

OK guys.......while you're looking......I'll have any Bowlers, Londrigans, Husseys.

Thanks, I'll pop back later and see what you've found. LOLOLOLOL

Comment

Have you tried the ships list..Ive found quite a few Kiwi connections there.

TheShipsList: Passengers, Ships, Shipwrecks

Jackie ( ex KIWI )
                                  Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Comment

Thanks Jackie...............haven't seen that one!!!

As soon as grandson leaves, you know where I'll be.

Libby.

Comment

Just as an extra I work with 2 Husseys!
                                      Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Originally posted by Pippa Doll View Post
                                        Just as an extra I work with 2 Husseys!

Ooo, Pippa, don't think I fancy your job!!!! LOL!!!! :D

Comment

Working...
                                        X