Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maestro debit card (to pay ancestry sub)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro debit card (to pay ancestry sub)

I thought the forum should be aware that Ancestry have advised me that Members will not be able to pay for their subs using a Maestro debit card.

However, when I renewed my subs, they said they would "give my card a try" and the transaction was successful.

Terry

Thanks for the info, Terry. Hope you don't mind, but I have edited your thread title to include "to pay Ancestry sub" so that people can see what it is about.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I use mine every year Terry - don't know why it works but it does, because I have heard your above advice before.

Comment

No problem Kite - thanks.

Snowdrops - Hopefully it will work again for me next year :-)

Terry

Comment

That'll be why I had a problem when I signed up for a month then. When I chose the maestro option, there appeared a box asking for issue number and there isn't one on my card I have got the 'new invetion' 3 digit security code on the back.

I had to pay be Visa in the end. I expect if I had done it over the phone they would have been able to sort it.
          Rose

Comment

It look like their web designers haven't caught up with the fact that Switch (which became part of the Maestro brand) abandoned the use of an issue number several years ago.

It still surprises me how many online retailers don't ask for the 3-digit code.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I had a similar experience with my renewal. I just put the figure 1 in the issue number box, and it went through, no problem
              To boldly go where no genealogist has gone before....

Comment

Working...
              X