Phylllis Rose Orum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phylllis Rose Orum

Anybody know who Phyllis Rose Orum married? She was born 24/08/1908 Stockwell, Lambeth London.

She was my Dad's cousin. Her mother Mary Elizabeth Slade was one of my Granddad's sisters. (The Slade's didn't originate from London.)
    teresa

There is a Phyllis R Orum married in the Jan/Feb/March quarter of 1929 to Albert J. Casely in Bristol. vol. 6a pg 16. I hope this is of some help.

Barbara

Comment

Thanks Barbara

I will see if I can locate her death record and see if it quotes the same DOB for my Phyllis. If it does...... Bingo! The Slades did live in Bristol..my Dad was born there. Phyllis could have been working in Bristol and living with some relative.
      teresa

Comment

There's no obvious sign of her death in 1984-2005

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Found It!

She died 1981. Registered in Bristol Ap-Jun Qtr and the DOB Matches my Phyllis Rose! Yippee!

Good result or what!

Merry Christmas Everyone!
          teresa

Comment

There's an A J Casely in the 1983 Bath phonebook (Westbury, Wilts) - but, obviously, not necessarily yours.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Also in 1980 - but not indexed because the way the pages (don't) open mean that the name doesn't show up in full. You can identify it only if you've looked at the 1983 image.

Christine

Comment

Hi Barbara

I've had contact last night from the grandaughter of Phyllis Rosa Orum who married Albert John Casely, in Bristol 1929.

We are both pleased to bits as this is indeed my Dad's relative too! She had just started to put her family tree on GR when she read my Trying to Find message.
                teresa

Comment

WOW

Fantastic breakthrough for you

What a wonderful start to the new year this new find will be.
                  WendyP

Comment

Hope so! It certainly pays to post messages.... everywhere!

Every little bit of info is always appreciated..especially when it has such good results.
                    teresa

Comment

What great news!

Hope you all enjoy your new-found links.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                      X