Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Lookup please 1946-1951

Update; see post #13
    Frederick Chambers b1886 died at some point between the years 1946-1951 in Lincoln

Could sks please have a look and see if there is a likely ref for his death?

Thanks
    Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 29-12-07, 16:11.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Am working back from 1951 ...

4th quarter 1950
    Fred Chambers Lincoln 3b 271 .... but age is 55.
    Elaine

Comment

Glen - can't see any others in Lincoln.

The following shows up in the NBI
      Frederick Chambers
      Date of burial 12 February 1952
      Age at death 68 - therefore born c1884
      St Swithins Cemetery, Lincoln.

Corresponding GRO reference is
      1952 1st quarter - Grantham volume 3b page 87
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine

I have a picture of the headstone for the second one you listed, i'm not 100% sure if it is my Frederick or not.

He married in 1913 but his wife died just two years later, no known children.

By 1951 he is noted as deceased in the will made by his mother, (she left monies to his son). I have to assume he remarried and the son is from the second marriage but there are several entries and i have no idea when/where the son was born (or mmn).
        I think i have found him living in the same street as his mother and two sibs in a 1946 trade directory. I was hoping to get the cert, kill him off and find the name of the wife all in one go:D

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

HI

Found a match to the second entry that Elaine posted on the familyhistoryonline website. His Abode is shown as Bathurst St All Saints.

Does that help at all?
          WendyP

Comment

The addy i have found is Hewson Road, Lincoln (falls within St Swithins).

Interestingly the nearest to an 1895 birth (the first ref Elaine found) is for a Grantham birth.

The headstone i found at St Swithins definately matches the ref you and Elaine refer too,

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

HI Glen

How do you know he died after 1946?

Was Frederick first wife called Kate living at Gresham St, St Faith at time of death?

If so there is a corresponding Frederick Chambers who was buried on 14/4/1936 with the abode of Gresham Street, St Faith and also buried at Canwick Road St Swithens, Plot number B794.
              WendyP

Comment

Originally posted by WendyP View Post
                HI Glen

How do you know he died after 1946?

Was Frederick first wife called Kate living at Gresham St, St Faith at time of death?

If so there is a corresponding Frederick Chambers who was buried on 14/4/1936 with the abode of Gresham Street, St Faith and also buried at Canwick Road St Swithens, Plot number B794.
                Now you just might be onto something there, his wife was Kate Sylvester, abode at time of marriage Gresham Street aged 22.

Death ref Mar qtr 1915, Kate Chambers aged 26 Lincoln 7a 804

I wonder if he did remarry after all then? Perhaps the son was born during the short lived marriage and this Hewson Road ref i have found is another relation (or possibly totally unconnected of course).
                Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 22-12-07, 20:42.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

There are a couple of possible second marriages on free bmd.

June 1923 - Lincoln 7a 1311 to Gertrude H Wilde and
                  Sept 1925 - Lincoln 7a 1344 to Maud Nicholson.
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                    There are a couple of possible second marriages on free bmd.

June 1923 - Lincoln 7a 1311 to Gertrude H Wilde and
                    Sept 1925 - Lincoln 7a 1344 to Maud Nicholson.
                    Thanks Chrissie

The last one you posted looks a possible to match the headstone image i posted.

Probably worth a stab for the death cert and see who is the informant and i should really get the death cert for Kate too, It looks like the sons' birth hasn't been transcribed, the only match is for a mmn that i can discount so it is either an earlier one awaiting entry or is later than the majority of the records currently transcribed.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

So I take it that you know the sons name Glen? If so, wouldn't it be worth us trawling the BMD's from 1945 for someone of that name with mmn Nicholson?

I'm just off to bed and have to finish decorationg the tree tomorrow morning but I would be happy to look for a few years for you as soon as I have a minute. If you think he may still be alive just PM me.
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Chrissie

I do know the name for the son, he may well still be alive hence not posting his name.

I think Wendy has come up trumps with the death details for Frederick. I am about to order the certs for Kate and Frederick based on the Gresham Street link.

Frederick married Kate Sylvester in 1913, the marriage cert shows her address as Gresham Street, Kate died in 1917. Kate and Frederick are buried in different plots within the same cemetery. Kate in R210, Frederick in B794.

The headstone photograph i posted is within the same cemetery but a different plot number again (M1), seeing as the dates given don't match with the Frederick from Gresham Street i think it is safe to discount the Chambers/Nicholson marriage.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Today received the death cert for Frederick, based on the Gresham Street link i pluped for the 1936 death and it was the right one. The informant was a brother so that didn't reallyy help much but at least i know where the brother lived at the time so it helps with the residents directories etc.

I suppose the best thing now is to lok at the electoral roles for Gresham Street and see if/when the son appears and any potential second wife.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                          X