BRADY'S from Dublin, Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRADY'S from Dublin, Ireland

The 1911 Dublin City census revealed that my Gt Grandparents, Michael & Bridget Brady had 18 children born alive…..and only 8 still living in 1911.

Only 2 children at home with their parents, M. Charles and Emily F. Brady

I have proof of the following 11 births, but who where the other 7? And which ones survived?

CATHERINE BRADY born June 1874 Blanchardstown. She must have died as another daughter named after her in 1886.

AGNES BRADY born Jul 1876 Rathmines. She was alive in 1894 as she was my Gran’s sponsor at her Baptism.

DANIEL BRADY born Sep 1879 Rathmines

JOHN BRADY born May 1881 Rathmines

BRIDGET JOSEPHINE BRADY born Sept 1882 Dublin City…married and has descendants

MARTHA JANE BRADY born March 1884 Dublin City….married and has descendants

CATHERINE BRADY. Born May 1886 Dublin City

MICHAEL CHARLES BRADY aka CHARLES.. born Aug 1889 Dublin City.

PATRICK BRADY born Mar 1891 Dublin City

PETER CHRISTOPHER BRADY born Nov 1892 Dublin City

EMILY FLORENCE BRADY (my Gran) born Nov 1894 Dublin City…married and has descendants.

Their father Michael Patrick Brady died in 1927 in Dublin and his wife Bridget was alive then. Address: 25 Charlemont St. Dublin.

Also discovered that Bridget Brady nee Conboy came from Co. Roscommon.

Does any of this information ring any bells with anybody else?

Do you have any Brady in your tree born sometime after 1872, who's father was Michael...perhaps he/she was one of the missing 7
    teresa

Found this one on IGI

Birth: Mary Brady

13 MAR 1873 North, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
    Parents: Michael Brady and Bridget Conboy Brady

There is also Births for Catherine and Daniel
    Last edited by WendyPusey; 22-12-07, 12:49. Reason: added
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy

I had found the ones for Catherine and Daniel previously and obtained their birth certs from Dublin records office back last year.......but I haven't seen the one for Mary!

Will go and check it out now...and order the certificate ASAP.

Seems that posting the same message on as many sites as possible does yield results after all!

Merry Christmas...you've made mine!
      teresa

Comment

Hi Rachel

Haven't come across any Connor's yet...but I have so many Brady names that I can't link up with any spouses.

And some sponsors, and witnesses too, Brady & other surnames.
        teresa

Comment

I have quite a few Brady,s on my dads side dont know if its much help but here they are
          Maurice Brady b 1832 Ireland. he was in the Indian army and fisrt 3 children Elizabeth ,Catherine , & David b 1859,1864 & 1867 in Bengal,
          Julia 1868
          Mary 1871
          Elizabeth1875
          Maurice 1878
          Honora 1880
          Rose Ann 1885 all born Liverpool .
          dont know who Maurice,s parents were , maybe you may reconize some of these names, Margaret

Comment

Hi Margaret

Sorry but don't have those Brady Names in any generation of my Brady lot. Mine are typically Iris names handed down from one generation to the next...most helpfull...I don't think!
            teresa

Comment

Rachel...no Dowlings either..but who is the Brady that married into your family and his approx year of birth?
              teresa

Comment

Working...
              X