GR Hot Matches - much improved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR Hot Matches - much improved

I decided to subscribe to Hot Matches after a 2 year abstinence. I'm very impressed with the new format and also that there were only 2 or 3 non-matches. Most of my Hot Matches are with people I was already in contact with but there were one or two new people.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

I have 20 pages of Hot Matches to wade through - 3 pages of people I already have contact with and 17 pages of people who will be of no interest whatsoever!

I haven't noticed any improvement, but here's hoping!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Unfortunately, since I have uploaded my tree from tribal pages my hot matches are full of John 1782 etc.
      Yet others seem to get some of my tree with surnames since I have had a couple of good contacts.
      If it's to be, it's up to me.
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
        I have 20 pages of Hot Matches to wade through - 3 pages of people I already have contact with and 17 pages of people who will be of no interest whatsoever!

I haven't noticed any improvement, but here's hoping!
        There is a drop-down sort-menu to allow you to sort by, e.g., Newest which means the new Hot Matches are at the top of the list.

I think it's improved - except that last time I had a batch of cases where the "matched" names bore no resemblance to each other!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X