Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military mystery.....

me again,

I am hopelss at TNA can someone have a look to see if they can find me my william please??

this is what I have...

William Shelton born 1857 @ Hucknall torkard, Nottm

this is the only census I can find him on in adulthood, I have him on the 1861/1871... but everything else is a mystery.

this is the ref for 1901

Class: RG13; Piece: 307; Folio: 147; Page: 9.

he is with the Royal Guards Reserves.... but I cant find anything else..

help please..
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

I can't see anything on TNA either. However, I think I've found him in 1881 under the name of Shilton:

Class: RG11; Piece: 109; Folio: 33; Page: 59

Comment

I'm not sure you would expect to find him on TNA website. Earlier and later army records are available, but there is a bit of a black hole for those discharged after about 1855 through to those who didn't take part in WW1 (I believe!). His record is probably available if you visit though

Comment

There's a divorce for a William and Sophia Shelton who'd only been married a year

There's also a William Shelton on the Boer War site, but he's in the Imperial Yeomanry:

sotq data searcher

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
          I can't see anything on TNA either. However, I think I've found him in 1881 under the name of Shilton:

Class: RG11; Piece: 109; Folio: 33; Page: 59
          Mary,

I think you have him there!! thank you, I didnt even think to look for shilton! duh! i was trying Shel**** thank you...

Merry

I dont/didnt know what i would find on TNA as i dont know how to search it... was hoping to find some sort of snippit, to help pin him down to a specific time/place where I figure he might've signed up..
          Julie

Comment

Actually I found him in 1881 by looking for William with no surname, occupation soldier.

I tried the same in 1891, but didn't come up with anything.

Comment

oh :o

didnt try that mary....

I dont know if he married or not, let alone divorced, not much help am I? sorry
              Julie

Comment

Working...
              X