Ecards from Yahoo question please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecards from Yahoo question please?

I use mail washer to screen my emails and I have two sitting there at the moment.
    from. ecard from yahoo greetings. Subject. Your friend has sent you an ecard from yahoo greetings. When I preview the message one says oscar has sent you a card and the other says Ferdinand has sent you a card. I do not know anyone with these names would the message show the name of the person they are from??

My inclination is to delete them but I do not know if they are genuine or not.

Help please.

You should see the email addresses on them I would have thought - but haven't had an ecard from yahoo before to know for sure. If in doubt delete.

Yes just sent myself one and it gives my email addie after my name.
    Last edited by Nana Anna; 21-12-07, 19:55. Reason: Tested

Comment

Mine was in the following format:

anna (myemail.com) has sent you an ecard.

To view your ecard, choose from the options below.

Click on the following link:
      Pickup your ecard at Yahoo! Greetings

For your security, if you'd prefer not to click on links within this email:
      1. Type Free eCards, Free Greeting Cards, Birthday eCards and Online Greeting Cards -- Yahoo! Greetings into your web browser
      2. Locate the ecard pickup link in the upper right-hand corner of the page
      2. Enter the following code --> 165469461316

Please do not reply to this email. To help resolve your issue or question, go to:
      Yahoo! Greetings Help
      We have an extensive help center that may answer your questions, or you can choose to email us from there.

To read about email protection, type Yahoo! Greetings - Email Protection Resource Center into your web browser.

Thank you!
      Your friends at Yahoo! Greetings

Comment

Hi Linda,

I just checked one I got from my friend & in brackets after her name it gives her email addy so I would say if yours doesn't & you don't recognise the names, then I would delete.

Anna beat me to it, looks just like the above.
        Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Thankyou both.
          Anna it doesn't have the email addy as yours does, although it does have very similar links to the one you show above, so I am going to play safe and delete.

Comment

Working...
          X