Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone researching Clark(e), Phipps, Chivers, Chilton ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone researching Clark(e), Phipps, Chivers, Chilton ?

Is there anyone on this site researching these names ? Particularly interested in Clark(e), probably around Holborn area and Chilton, probably in Mile End or any other nearby East London areas.

You probably know that Clark is a very common name and even if you find more than one Clark in an area like Holborn they might not be related. I have a Sarah Clarke from Lambourne in Essex (born about 1775) in my tree, but I'm afraid that's the closest I have!

Your best bet if you want to find out if anybody on here has those names in their tree is to search the GEDCOM database.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi BC

My gg grandfather John Clark(e) was born in Lower Thames Street, London, c. 1802.
      He was orphaned as a young boy and placed in a London workhouse. He was later transferred to Birmingham workhouse, fromwhere he escaped, and was later adopted by a family in Sedgley, Staffs. I do not have a birth or christening for him, and his parents are my brick wall.

Pam
      Pam

Comment

Hi BC i am doing Clarke but have already spoke to you. i hope you manage to get some contacts.
        x
        Jen

Comment

Originally posted by Pamdidle View Post
          Hi BC

My gg grandfather John Clark(e) was born in Lower Thames Street, London, c. 1802.
          He was orphaned as a young boy and placed in a London workhouse. He was later transferred to Birmingham workhouse, fromwhere he escaped, and was later adopted by a family in Sedgley, Staffs. I do not have a birth or christening for him, and his parents are my brick wall.

Pam
          Unfortunately this is unlikely to be one of mine although the area/date could be right. Common name unfortunately and one of several brick walls I have to surmount. Thanks, anyway

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
            You probably know that Clark is a very common name and even if you find more than one Clark in an area like Holborn they might not be related. I have a Sarah Clarke from Lambourne in Essex (born about 1775) in my tree, but I'm afraid that's the closest I have!

Your best bet if you want to find out if anybody on here has those names in their tree is to search the GEDCOM database.
            Yes, unfortunately it is a common name and the GEDCOM does not help at the moment. Thanks, anyway

Comment

Working...
            X