Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install Mozilla Thunderbird (email client)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install Mozilla Thunderbird (email client)

Thunderbird is Mozilla's equivalent to Microsoft's Outlook or Windows Mail.

It's FREE FREE FREE and Open Source.

My instructions have been written (on Vista) for use with 'googlemail' but it shouldn't be too difficult (subject to slight option changes in the procedures) to use the instructions for other email providers.

The link: http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/thunderbird/

mt2-1M.jpg

mt2-2M.jpg

mt2-3M.jpg

mt2-4M.jpg

mt2-5M.jpg

Continued on next post ......

mt2-6M.jpg

A few Installation messages will be displayed before the next box.

mt2-7M.jpg

After clicking <finish> you may automatically be asked to create a new account. If not then do the following:

(Note: You can also create an account via 'Tools', 'Account Settings' and then '<Add Account>').

mt2-8M.jpg

mt2-9M.jpg

mt2-10M.jpg

Continued on next post ......

Comment

mt2-11M.jpg

mt2-12M.jpg

mt2-13M.jpg

mt2-14M-70.jpg

You should hopefully be setup to go now, pretty much the same as if you were using Outlook or Windows Mail.

Comment

If anyone finds any errors or thinks that amendments are needed in my instructions then please let me know.

:D
        Last edited by Guest; 21-12-07, 05:10.

Comment

Ever helpful John!

It might not be a bad idea if you (the person reading this) have plenty of space to download it and keep it as a back up, in case the primary source where you look at/download your emails goes belly up. This also applies to having a spare browser stored on your computer for the same reasons.

Comment

If anyone is interested in installing the Calendar addon for Thunderbird then here's the link:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/2313

CalAdd1.jpg

Comment

Nudge for Val :D

Comment

Thanks John... I use Mozilla Thunderbird and love it... My son Matt installed it on our puter
                but it is so easy to set up...

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
                Raven's Family Tree

Comment

Hi Raven, I agree, it's easy. If I can set it up then anyone can. - LOL ! :D

Comment

lol I even downloaded a new skin for it... ooo daring of me...pmsl

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
                    Raven's Family Tree

Comment

Whose a clever little birdie then ;) You are adventurous ! :D

sneaks off to look at skins ......

Comment

lol canny help it John... some of the skins aren't compatible with the newer version of thunderbird... I have the Noia 2.0 extreme..lol..... add them in through Add-ons John

Raven's Wiki Page
                        Raven's Family Tree

Comment

Nudge for Margaret ... :D

Comment

Whereabouts can you get the details of the POP and outgoing server?
                            I'm using fsmail (orange) at the moment, and I'm having trouble setting TB up
                            Thanks
                            L

PS Now sorted, fsmail is web based, and therefore hasn't got POP etc. now got a gmail addy
                            Last edited by It_Is_I_Leclerc; 21-02-09, 14:28. Reason: added PS

Comment

John, Thank you this will give me something to think about that is for sure.
                              Margaret N
                              DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi It Is I Leclerc

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Happy to see you are sorted now though.

I have attached this link which shows different Incoming/Out Going Email server settings. It may help with your fsmail along with others.

http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/tips/mail-settings.html

I am glad to see you've gone for gmail. I use this and therefore am not reliant on any ISP's service. I can keep the same gmail email addresses and don't have to change any email settings even if I change ISP.
                                Last edited by Guest; 22-02-09, 06:11.

Comment

Hi John
                                  Yes I've got two gmail addy's but try as I may I can't configure them like you have with both of them listed in the left hand pane, any advise
                                  Cheers
                                  Leclerc

Comment

Hi Leclerc

You should be able to do it via "Tools" on the top menu bar.

Then select "Account settings"

Then click on the "Add Account" button.

Choose "Google Mail" as you say you have gmail addies and click on "Next"

Then follow the instructions ...

Is the above any help? How far are you getting?

Comment

Just thought, if you've done all that then check your view layout.

From the Tool bar at the top again.

Select "View"

Highlight "Layout" from the list.

Then select "Classic View"

and also make sure "Message Pane F8" is ticked. Click on it if it isn't.

Has this changed your layout view?

Comment

John
                                        Still problems screen looks like this see attachment
                                        Leclerc
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X