Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupation Help please

Another one I cannot read....sorry :o

Charles Arkinshall aged 22 living Claughton, Cheshire on the 1861 census RG9/2647 folio 8 pg 10. He was born Newport, Shropshire

He's a Boarder with the Hilton family

Thanks!

Stone quarries clerk?

Stone quarriers clerk maybe
    Jess

Comment

Something Quarrer's Clerk
      Vikki -
      Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Stone quarrier's clerk I would think
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks for that

Its an odd one, isn't it? (Sorry, had to disappear for a sec....huge drama after M fell out of bed and banged her head on dolly's cot!)

I can't find him AFTER that census either. Surname is actually Arkinstall and I've tried Ark* with no success at all!

Comment

is he the one with ma & pa in 1851, in Birkenhead?
            ( visitor Elizabeth Taylor= with family Vernon in 61 s s-in-l)

marriage Charles Arkinstall 1883 Jan-Feb-Mar MacClesfield /Mary Ann Taylor
            (- pretty sure Taylor is one on Lou's names)

note - a chap of the same name, IS born in W Brom - not to be confused
            Last edited by Jessbowbag; 21-12-07, 09:40.
            Jess

Comment

Hi Jess

Yes, that's him in Birkenhead in 51. Elizabeth Taylor is Susanna's daughter from the 1st marriage (the 1st marriage being my direct line ancestors, I'm just trying to tie up loose ends with the children born to her with 2nd husband!).

It gets more confusing as well in that Charles's sister Jane Arkinstall (born 1836 Newport) married John VERNON Taylor in 1862! There must be some connection between him and the family that Elizabeth is with in 61 and have a feeling that the surname should have been Taylor for John and Joseph on that census and not just Vernon!

That marriage is interesting, will definitely make a note of it. Oh, and the other Arkinstall brother Joseph (born 1842 Gnosall, Staffordshire) married Mary Taylor! I haven't yet linked her to 'my' Taylor's!

Got to head back out again now...pick him up from pre-sch and M's school are closing at 12 today for Christmas!

Comment

Working...
              X