Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of WDWTYA? 20th December 2007 is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The winner of WDWTYA? 20th December 2007 is.....

That's Christmas week!!

is.....................Rosi Glow!!

Well done Rosi!

Well Done Rosi........hope you find all you are looking for !!

Jacky xx
    Jacky

Comment

Congrats Rosi...hope you have a wonderful week

Comment

oh rosie congratulations,you will need this to help you over tomorrow,take care brenda xxx

Comment

Good luck.

xx

Maggie

Comment

Thank you everyone.

I have some visitors at the moment but will be back in a hour or so.
            Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

Right……Here is brick wall, and really my only one, but it is a big one. I have actually sat and cried with frustration over this. I have even thought of paying private to find him….

Find my Grandad……I have his Marriage & Death but no birth details and cannot find him on the census at all.

This is what I do know.

WILLIAM HENRY SYMES:

My Nan & Grandad Married 10th January 1921 at FULHAM town hall, LONDON His occupation was builders labourer, his address at time of marriage was 10t Langford Road Fulham
              Witnesses on the marriage cert are Edward Daley & Ellen Symes
              It also states his father’s name….William Symes-Deceased.

(I found a death for Ellen Symes age 52, living at 10t Langford Road Fulham in 1922, it states she is the widow of William Thomas Henry Symes so this would be his mother and father….

I have in my possession a memorial card that states (my grandad) William Henry Symes death was on 13th January 1941 and he was 47 years old.
              This would make his birth year around 1894?
              He is also buried in Old Fulham Cemetery, I have located the grave.

I also have in my possession a torn piece of paper (copy of attestation) of it is dated 20th October 1915 (this is typed in not written)and says his age is 22years 169 days??? His address back in 1915 was also 10t Langford Road Fulham.

I have worked it out that he would have been born in the April quarter of 1894 (it looks like he went to join the Army reserves, but have not found no other record, or proof that he was ever in the war? (I will put up the image but will need help enlarging it)

Please fire away with any other questions!!!
              Last edited by Rosi Glow; 20-12-07, 22:04.
              Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

Rosi,
                I am sorry, I can't come up with anything that looks like this family.
                I cannot find a death for Wm Snr between 1893 & 1922....but I may be going blind.
                There are a couple of possible births in the Jun qtr 1894 that could be William jnr. The one in Wandsworth doesn't give a 2nd name, while the one in Fulham gives a 2nd name of Parvin, so I think that is unlikely.

On the 1901 census, I can only find one possible couple that could be his parents, but there is no sign of little William.

RG13; Piece: 32; Folio: 142; Page: 30

Not much help, I'm afraid.

Comment

Lyn, Thanks for looking. Exactly the trouble I have been having :(

I know the Parvin one isnt mine I have been in contact with the tree owner.
                  Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

Oooooo, Rosie!
                    What about this one???
                    Living at 13 Langford Rd, Fulham and entered as Sime.

RG13; Piece: 70; Folio: 18; Page: 27

Comment

There is this marriage in Mar Qtr 1892:

Mullins Ellen, Fulham, 1a/382
                      possibly to Simes William Henry T

Comment

There is a death for a William Sime, aged 39 in Fulham....Mar Qtr 1908 1a / 239

Comment

Ooooooo!!! Thanks Lyn, not spotted these before!!

*Noting everything down*

When I was a little girl there was a Tommy Mullins greengrocers on Langford road.....I have just found him on the next page age 6, with his dad listed as greengrocer!!! Off topic but I remember the shop.:D
                          Last edited by Rosi Glow; 20-12-07, 23:15.
                          Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

Wonder where Dad was??? Pity we don't know what his occupation was.
                            There is a William Symes about the right age to be him in Wormwood Scrubs!

There again, they could be a red herring....Sime does seem to be a common enough name on its own.

Comment

On grandads Marriage cert his fathers occupation was listed General Labourer although he is listed as deceased.
                              Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

Funny about the spelling too, on the army reserves paper his name was spelt Simes, but it was signed by my grandad as symes..
                                Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

Got to sign off for now as I have a 10 hour round trip to Devon early in the morning for Sue's funeral.....Wont be arriving back untill 10.30 tomorrow evening. I will look in then.....Good night peeps x
                                  Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

Have you discounted the William Thomas Sime birth Fulham Q/E Sep 1893?

Jackie
                                    Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Rosi Glow View Post
                                      I also have in my possession a torn piece of paper (copy of attestation) of it is dated 20th October 1915 (this is typed in not written)and says his age is 22years 169 days??? His address back in 1915 was also 10t Langford Road Fulham.

I have worked it out that he would have been born in the April quarter of 1894 (it looks like he went to join the Army reserves, but have not found no other record, or proof that he was ever in the war? (I will put up the image but will need help enlarging it)
                                      Rosi, just looked at this again & it makes him born about 4 May 1893, so the birth Jackie quoted could well be him.

Comment

Nice one Lyn. That address was great!!

I hope you are OK after your long journey, Rosi.
                                        Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 21-12-07, 11:31.

Comment

Working...
                                        X