Arthur A Honey's death I can't find it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur A Honey's death I can't find it

Hello, Arthur Albert Honey age 27 and May Bailey age 27, Married in Aug 1915 in Battersea according to their marriage certificate ---they that twins in Dec 1919 and the boy died Jan: 1920 and that is all I know. On the certificate his profession is Soldier 29 th (?) R or A then what looks more like a Greek E ---in my notes it says Brentford Barracks Hounslow, how or there I got that I have no idea
    So can you please help me find Arthur's death ????
    Sheila:o:(
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

It won't be easy - you'll just have to trawl through the registers quarter by quarter! Could take a while!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

you say you cant find it - where have you looked?
      Only the full index would have it listed, not free bmd
      Jess

Comment

Jess I looked on Ancestry,and I G I also looked for George G Honey (another in that family )from 1910 until ??? for ever with on luck
        Sheila

Comment

Sheila............have you looked through the complete list on Ancestry, or just the partial list?

If he's not on the complete list, I don't think you'll find it. I think you need that to get a cert.

Do you know if he left the services at all? Maybe a military researcher could help.
          I had to get one. He was great and a lot cheaper than wrong certs.

Comment

if you looked on Ancestry, opening each page, each year, quarter by quarter, its almost pointless somone else doing it as well - no more likely to find it , than you were.

did you find any at all for elimination purposes?
            Were they Arthur A or just Arthur?
            Jess

Comment

Sheila, did you ever get the children's birth certificates to find out whether Arthur was named as their father or not?
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Twins birth reg- DEC Q 1919

Arthur W.G. MMN BAILEY wandsworth 1d 1053
                name not posted incase she is living but exactly same details

is this what you were after?? or the fathers details??

EDIT:

Arthur W. G. Honey death Jan Q 1920 Wandsworth 1d 570
                Last edited by Darksecretz; 20-12-07, 09:42.
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Kite runner No I had to get May's and Arthur Honey's marriage certificate first to prove that he was the right man for my May and he was. It took over 14 day for the post to get from the GRO to " down under ". I know that her twin died almost at birth. I then tryed to find May WG Honey's marrage to see if that helped , but no luck
                  Sheila

Comment

Julie -- Sorry I should have said that we think that whey are dead, but it is best to be on the safe side
                    Jess -- He was Arthur Albert Honey on this marrage lines age 27
                    Sheila
                    Last edited by Sheila from Down Under; 20-12-07, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheila from Down Under View Post
                      Jess -- He was Arthur Albert Honey on this marrage lines age 27
                      Sheila
                      Yes, but have you looked into any deaths for Arthur Honey without a middle name?
                      Jess

Comment

Sheila, what I meant was, if you get the children's birth certs (or one of them) plus Arthur jr's death cert then it should tell you whether Arthur senior was still alive when the twins were born and also whether he was still alive when Arthur jr died. Also, don't forget that the index entry would be the same even if Arthur wasn't the twins' father (for instance, if he died before they were conceived) although of course since one of the twins appears to have been named after him it is most likely he was their father. But in this kind of case every cert is a potential clue! You never know what it will tell you until you get it.
                        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

No Jess I have not
                          Sheila

Comment

it may very well be that whoever registered his death , didnt do so with his middle name - they may not have known it.

its about the only time you cannot actually give the info yourself, if you so desire - you are totally dependent on others
                            Jess

Comment

The only real suggestion I have would be to go through the complete index again noting down all the Arthur Honey's of the correct age and then narrow it down by district.

Like my John Browns you may end up getting a few wrong certs, but its all part of the process. (sadly an expensive part)

It might also be worth calling the Reg offices for any possibles you find and asking them to look at the cert (tell them his occupation at the time of marriage and also his widows name, they can sometimes be really helpful and say sorry the info doesn't match and it doesn't always cost you anything)
                              Vikki -
                              Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Hello From Tropical North Queensland, Thank you all for your advise as I see it there is now "short cuts " I'll have to trawl again looking for him without his middle G thank you for that
                                I hope you all have a very merry and safe Christmas I'll not make you jealous by saying today the weatherman said it will be 33 degs: Oh Hum !!!!
                                walking cat.gif

Sheila

Comment

Working...
                                X