Is this my William

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this my William

Further to my other thread (about vol and Pg Number) the registra just called me because the info isn't quite what I was expecting.

I was hoping for
    1840 William Saunders age 47 + Carpenter - death to be registered by Wife Sidwell, Saunders

What I have
    05 dec 1840 William Saunders age 51 Painter - Death registered by someone present at the death, but not a Saunders

one of his sons was a Painter

Would you order the cert anyway? She checked the surrounding area and no other William Saunders around that time. In 1841 his wife is living with her son and in 1851 is listed as Widow and in occupation says Pauper formely carpenters wife

BTW there is a burial in Aveton Gifford (Village where they lived) in 1830 for William Saunders, but no other info is given
    Last edited by vikki brace; 19-12-07, 13:15.
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

I wonder if there is an addy on the death cert which you could check with the 1841 census? If remaining family are at the address and they are not yours, then you would know you had the wrong cert! Trouble is, I doubt you could get this info without buying the cert :(

Comment

Gosh, I've just seen how many Saunders and Sanders (and mis-spellings of) there are at Aveton Gifford in 1841. I don't envy your task!!

Comment

Merry

The thing is I don't think he died at home, Aveton Gifford in 1840 consisted of a main street and a mill most of the addresses in 1841 and 1851 are recorded as just Aveton Gifford........No help really,

I think I will have to get the cert anyway, Problem is I don't think it is going to help. (but will wait til January, Xmas has put a real strain on the purse strings)
        Vikki -

Comment

I have just received from the OPC all the Saunders Baptism Marriage and Burials for Aveton Gifford, I have sorted most of them out and if this is my William I have his baptism in 1789 along with his parents details and siblings

Another anoying thing is none of the left wills!!!:(
          Vikki -

Comment

Working...
          X