Windows Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Mail

Suddenly the Create Mail Box (where one writes emails) will only come up a very small size and I need to maximise it each time. I can do this but it will not hold it needs increasing each time I use it.

It only changed after my last Windows update. I have two friends who have the same problem all using different ISP.

Any idea's please?
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Hi Margaret

Try the following:

(1)
    WinMailCMB1-70.jpg

(2)
    WinMailCMB2-70.jpg

(3)
    WinMailCMB3-70.jpg

(4)
    Create a new mail again. The 'create new mail' box should now fill the whole of your computer screen.

It should hopefully continue to do this each time you create a new mail.

Let me know how you get on. :D
    Last edited by Guest; 19-12-07, 07:02.

Comment

Hi Margaret

You can also find the same instructions by doing the following:

1) Click on "The Wiki" in the blue tool bar.

2) Select "The Wiki Main Page --Get started here !!!" from the drop down list.

3) Enter the words 'Windows Mail' and click the <Go> button.

Let me know how you get on. :D

-------------------------------
      If my page doesn't meet the FTF standards then please anyone, feel free to change it.
      Last edited by Guest; 19-12-07, 08:14.

Comment

John, Thank you will have a go later tonight when I hope to have a moment to spare.
        Thank you for your card and email will speak soon.
        Seasons Greetings
        Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

John, Thank you it has worked and my I have fixed both my friends as well and they also say thank you.
          After reading your excellent instructions I remembered that I used to do that with all my screens on my first PC back in 1997. I did not give it a thought in this modern day and age where the computer thinks for you.
          Many thanks.
          Margaret N

Comment

John, I understand from a member on the Google site that mail 995 (out going ) will not work with Windows Mail only with Outlook 2003/07.
            Incoming Mail is fine. I will watch for any other information that may be posted.
            Cheers,
            Margaret N

Comment

Hi Margaret

I didn't know that. It must be down to another of those wonderful backward Microsoft features.

Anyway, there is a Plan B....... :D

I know you don't have Outlook and as Windows Mail doesn't seem to do the trick have you thought about using Mozilla Thunderbird. It's FREE, it's open source and it's not difficult to set up for use with your googlemail. Plus it's pretty easy to use.

Mozilla Thunderbird can be downloaded from this site (click on the link):

Mozilla Thunderbird in English | Mozilla Europe

During the installation of Thunderbird when you get to the 'New Account Setup' box you are presented with a choice of 4 options, as follows:

Email account
              RSS News & Blogs
              Google Mail
              Newsgroup account

Select 'Google Mail' and click <Next>

The next ('Identity') box has two fields that require entries, as follows:

Your Name: 'your_name' (The name that you want to display on your emails)

Email Address: 'your_current_email_address' (there is no need to put the '@googlemail.com' on the end of the email address you enter as this will automatically be done for you).

Click <Next>

I think a verification box will then appear. If you've entered your details correctly then just click <Finish>. If you have to make changes then click <Back> and make your changes.

At some point, can't remember when, you will be asked to enter a password. This is your current googlemail account password. On the password box you can tick a 'Use Password Manager to remember this password' box. This will stop the need for you having to enter a password each time it is required (e.g. when sending/receiving email).

If you do have problems with Thunderbird it is easier for me to help you as I have an English version.

Let me know what you decide. :D

PS. Thunderbird also allows animations in your emails, which is another feature I like but that Microsoft has dropped in Outlook 2007 and Windows Mail.
              Last edited by Guest; 21-12-07, 02:27.

Comment

Margaret, to make life a little easier, if you want to install Thunderbird then follow the link:

http://www.familytreeforum.com/computer-help/35800-how-install-mozilla-thunderbird-email-client.html

:D:D
                Last edited by Guest; 21-12-07, 04:16.

Comment

Working...
                X